The Sigil of Baphomet is the official symbol of LaVeyan Satanism and the Church of Satan.
|Church of Satan|
|Anton LaVey · Blanche Barton · Peter H. Gilmore · Peggy Nadramia|
|The Satanic Bible · The Satanic Rituals · The Satanic Witch · The Devil's Notebook · Satan Speaks! · Letters from the Devil · The Secret Life of a Satanist · The Church of Satan · The Satanic Scriptures|
|The Nine Satanic Statements · The Nine Satanic Sins · The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth · Pentagonal Revisionism: A Five Point Plan|
|The Satanic Mass · Satanis: The Devil's Mass · Speak of the Devil: The Canon of Anton LaVey · Satan Takes a Holiday · Strange Music|
|The Black House · Greater and lesser magic · Grotto · The Black Flame · Four Crown Princes of Hell · The infernal names · Enochian Keys · Hail Satan · Sign of the horns|
Within the Church of Satan, a Grotto (from Italian grotta, a type of cave) is a clandestine association or gathering of Satanists within geographical proximity for means of social, ritual, and special interest activities. The Black House, the founding place and headquarters of the Church of Satan from 1966 to 1997, was effectively the first grotto, and was for a time referred to as the "Central Grotto". Grottos existed for a time in various parts of the United States; these included the Babylon Grotto in Detroit, the Stygian Grotto in Dayton, and the Lilith Grotto in New York. In 1975, LaVey disbanded all grottos , then reinstated them in the 1980s. The Church of Satan no longer formally recognizes or charters grottos.
- The Church of Satan Website, under Affiliation: The Grotto System Retrieved December 3, 2010
- Religious Requirements and Practices: A Handbook for Chaplains & U. S. Department of the Army 1978.
- World Religions & Warren Matthews 2007.
- Baddeley 2010, p. 74.
- Lewis 2002, p. 7; Lap 2013, p. 84.
- Walter Martin, Jill Martin Rische, Van Gorden Kurt The Kingdom of the Occult; 2013.
- High Priest, Magus Peter H. Gilmore. "The Grotto System". churchofsatan.com.