Ground Master 400
Finnish Ground Master 403
|Country of origin||France|
|Type||Digital 3D AESA|
|Range||470 km (290 mi)|
|Altitude||30,500 m (100,100 ft)|
|Elevation||20° and 40°|
|Precision||50 m (160 ft)|
The Ground Master 400 is a mobile radar system manufactured by ThalesRaytheonSystems. GM 400 is a fully digital 3D active electronically scanned array long-range air defense radar, offering detection from very high to very low altitudes. It tracks a wide range of targets from highly maneuverable tactical aircraft flying below several hundred feet to the unconventional small radar crossection devices, such as UAVs or cruise missiles
The system can be set up by a four-man crew in 30 minutes and can be remotely operated. The system fits in a 20-foot shipping container and weighs less than ten tons. The system can be rapidly deployed mounted on a 6x6 or 8x8 tactical truck and can be transported by a single C-130 aircraft or a helicopter.
- Air Surveillance Radar
- Crew: 4
- S-band, 3D AESA Radar
- 10 RPM Rotation Rate
- High-altitude, long-range air defense sensor
- Detects fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft, cruise missiles, UAVs, and tactical ballistic missiles
- Azimuth: 360°
- Elevation: 20° and 40°
- Detection range:
- Fighter aircraft: 450 km
- Cruise missile: 250 km
- Max detection rate in altitude: 30.5 km
- Instrumented range: 470 km
- Detection range:
- High mobility, transportability, and reliability
- Operating modes:
- Digital Beam Forming mode
- Stacked beam (maximum time on target)
- S-Band (high part 2.9 / 3.3 GHz)
- 2 Doppler modes
- Electronic Counter-CounterMeasures (ECCM) capabilities
- Tactical ballistic missile (TBM) detection capability.
- Canada: 2 systems, project cancelled 7/2015.
- Estonia: 2 Ground Master 403 systems
- Finland: 12 Ground Master 403 systems. Local designation is Keva 2010.
- France: 2 systems
- Germany: 6 systems
- India: 20 systems
- Malaysia: 1 system
- Slovenia: 2 Ground Master 403 systems.
- Chile: 4 systems
- Morocco: 3 systems
- Mexico: 6 systems
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ground Master 400.|
- GIRAFFE 4A, portable ground radar
- TAFLIR, another ground-based, non-fixed (i.e., transportable) search radar (AN/TPS)
- Defence Update: Finland Selects Norwegian/U.S. NASAMS for SA-11 Replacement
- Deagel: Ground Master 400
- Thales Group
- Beeby, Dean (Jul 12, 2015). "Canada's CF18 bases won't have radar units replaced as $55M deal cancelled". CBC. Retrieved Oct 22, 2015.
- Wolff, Christian. "Ground Master 400 (GM 400)". Radartutorial.eu. Retrieved Oct 22, 2015.
- Finnish Defence Forces' webpage