Group 2 (racing)
For 1969, Appendix J of the FIA International Sporting Code defined groups for touring cars, grand touring cars and sports cars as follows: (numbers between brackets are required minimum production in 12 consecutive months).
- Group 1: series-production touring cars (5,000)
- Group 2: touring cars (1,000)
- Group 3: grand touring cars (500)
- Group 4: sports cars (25)
- Group 5: special touring cars
- Group 6: prototype-sports cars
Group 2 was the principal category in the European Touring Car Challenge from 1963 to 1967 and was the secondary category to Group 5 special touring cars in 1968 and 1969. It was again the premier category when the series was renamed as the European Touring Car Championship for 1970 and continued to be so until it was replaced by Group A for 1982.
- Appendices J of the Period (1961 to 1986) Retrieved from www.fia.com on 12 August 2009