Group medical practice in the United States
Group medical practices are defined as "the practice of medicine by a group of physicians who share their premises and other resources."
Office-based physicians and group practices
There are approximately 230,187 physician practices in the United States. Among these physician practices, 52.8% consist of only one office-based physician. The remaining 47.2% of physician practices are group practices. Physician group practices with 2-5 physicians make up 37.1% of physician offices in the United States. 6.3% consist of 6-9 physicians and the remaining 3.7% consist of 10 or more physicians. In recent years, many small or solo practitioners have come (or are considering coming) together to form larger same (or multi) specialty groups in order to get a leg up on managed care.
Formal Definition by CMS
- Online Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus. Free access
- Market research study done by SK&A, A Cegedim Company
- Schick David (November 29, 2011)Is Coming Together to Form the Larger Same (or Multi) Specialty Medical Practice the Answer?  The National Law Review
- "MGMA Meaningful Use Stage 2 proposed rule comments".
|This organization-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a medical organization or association is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|