Group of Eight (Australian universities)
The Group of Eight (Go8) is a coalition of research-intensive Australian universities. The Go8 universities are some of the largest and the oldest universities in Australia. The Go8, along with the University of Tasmania, are called the Sandstone or Brick universities.
|University||Location||State||Established||World University Rankings (2015)|
|QS World (2015/16)||ARWU World (2015)||THE World (2015/16)||CWTS Leiden (2015)|
|Australian National University||Canberra||ACT||1946||19=||77=||52||89|
|University of Adelaide||Adelaide||SA||1874||113=||151–200||149=||246|
|University of Melbourne||Melbourne||VIC||1853||42||44=||33||117|
|University of Queensland||Brisbane||QLD||1909||46=||77=||60=||132|
|University of Sydney||Sydney||NSW||1850||45||101–150||56=||190|
|University of Western Australia||Perth||WA||1911||98||87=||109||310|
- Universities in Australia
- Universities Australia
- Universitas 21
- Australian Technology Network
- Innovative Research Universities
- Regional Universities Network
- Ivy League
- Russell Group
- C9 League
- Williams, R; Van Dyke, N (2007). "Measuring the international standing of universities with an application to Australian universities". Higher Education 53 (6): 819–841.
- Neumann, R (2002). "Diversity, doctoral education and policy." Higher Education Research and Development" 21 (2): 167–178.
- Williams, R (2010). "Research Output of Australian Universities: Are the Newer Institutions Catching up?". Australian Universities' Review 52 (1): 32–36.
- University Rankings: Australia
- "QS World University Rankings 2015/16". Quacquarelli Symonds. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Academic Ranking of World Universities - 2015". Shanghai Ranking Consultancy. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- "World University Rankings 2015-16". Times Higher Education. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "CWTS Leiden Ranking 2015". Centre for Science and Technology Studies, Leiden University. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
|This Australian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|