Group of Eight (Australian universities)
The Group of Eight (Go8) is a coalition of research-intensive Australian universities. The Go8 universities are some of the largest and the oldest universities in Australia. The Go8, including the University of Tasmania, are called the Sandstone or Brick universities.
|University||Location||State||Established||World university rankings (2015)|
|QS (2015)||ARWU (2015)||THE (2015-2016)|
|Australian National University||Canberra||ACT||1946||19=||77=||52|
|University of Adelaide||Adelaide||SA||1874||113=||151–200||149=|
|University of Melbourne||Melbourne||VIC||1853||42||44=||33|
|University of New South Wales||Sydney||NSW||1949||46=||101–150||82=|
|University of Queensland||Brisbane||QLD||1909||46=||77=||60=|
|University of Sydney||Sydney||NSW||1850||45||101–150||56=|
|University of Western Australia||Perth||WA||1911||98||87=||109|
- Universities in Australia
- Universities Australia
- Universitas 21
- Australian Technology Network
- Innovative Research Universities
- Regional Universities Network
- Ivy League
- Russell Group
- C9 League
- Williams, R; Van Dyke, N (2007). "Measuring the international standing of universities with an application to Australian universities". Higher Education 53 (6): 819–841.
- Neumann, R (2002). "Diversity, doctoral education and policy." Higher Education Research and Development" 21 (2). pp. 167–178.
- Williams, R (2010). "Research Output of Australian Universities: Are the Newer Institutions Catching up?". Australian Universities' Review 52 (1): 32–36.
- http://www.shanghairanking.com/ARWU2015.html Retrieved 1 Oct 2015
|This Australian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|