|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Products||Banking and insurance|
Groupe BPCE is France's second largest bank, formed by the 2009 merger of CNCE (Caisse nationale des caisses d'épargne) and BFBP (Banque fédérale des banques populaires), has more than 8,200 branches nationwide under their respective brand names serving nearly 40 million customers. Through its subsidiaries (including Natixis), it provides banking, financial, and real estate financing services to individuals, professionals, small and medium enterprises, large enterprises, and institutions in France and internationally.
It provides various deposit and loan products to small and medium enterprises, craftspeople, franchisees, and franchisers; savings collection and management, credit, payment, and wealth management services; and real estate financing and corporate banking services. The company also offers bancassurance products, including life assurance and pensions that comprise automobile and home insurance, legal protection, the guarantee of life accidents, the supplementary health care insurance, welfare professionals and the collective retirement pensions and health, as well as credit insurance and guarantees to individuals, professionals, real estate professionals, and businesses.
The current CEO of Groupe BPCE is François Pérol.
Financial Highlights as of June 2010
- Tier-1 capital: €41 billion
- Tier-1 ratio: 9.6%
- Total assets: €1,124 billion
- Banque Populaire and Caisse d'épargne networks
- Loans outstanding: €288 billion
- Saving deposits: €511 billion
In 2010 the French government's Autorité de la concurrence (the department is in charge of regulating competition) fined eleven banks, including Groupe BPCE, the sum of 384,900,000 Euros for colluding to charge unjustified fees on cheque processing, especially for extra fees charged during the transition from paper cheque transfer to "Exchanges Check-Image" electronic transfer.
- "Groupe BPCE Company Profile - Yahoo! Finance". cf.us.biz.yahoo.com. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- "Home Insurance Index (2016)". www.shiftins.com. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- "Groupe BPCE: Private Company Information - BusinessWeek". investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- "Home Insurance Index (2016)". www.finextra.com. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Key figures / The Group / Home - BPCE". bpce.fr. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- Collusion in the banking sector, Press Release of Autorité de la concurrence, République Française, 20 September 2010, retrv 2010 9 20
- 3rd UPDATE: French Watchdog Fines 11 Banks For Fee Cartel , Elena Bertson, Dow Jones News Wires / Wall Street Journal online, retr 2010 9 20
|This French corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|