Grove Township, Humboldt County, Iowa
Location of Grove Township in Humboldt County
|• Total||36.3 sq mi (94 km2)|
|• Land||36.2 sq mi (94 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||1,135 ft (346 m)|
|• Density||9/sq mi (3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||50519 (Bode)|
|GNIS feature ID||0467697|
|U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Grove Township, Humboldt County, Iowa|
Grove Township was organized in 1873.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Grove Township covers an area of 36.3 square miles (94 km2); 36.2 square miles (94 km2) of this is land, and the remaining 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Arnold (unincorporated)
A community named Randolph contained a post office from 1874-1875. A post office also existed for the community Arnold, formerly Grove, from 1900-1929. Both of these historic communities were located in the northwest corner of Grove Township.
- Humboldt Township (north)
- Vernon Township (northeast)
- Lake Township (east)
- Norway Township (southeast)
- Beaver Township (south)
- Corinth Township (southwest)
- Rutland Township (west)
- Delana Township (northwest)
The township contains Hands Grove Township Cemetery.
- Iowa's 4th congressional district
- State House District 4
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles[permanent dead link]
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- "Grove Township, Humboldt County, Iowa (IA)". U.S. Census Bureau. Breakdown. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- History of Kossuth and Humboldt Counties, Iowa. Union Publishing Company. 1884. p. 771. Note that Google Books misspells "Humboldt".
- "Town Histories - Past and Present of Humboldt County, Iowa." Article. Retrieved January 17n 2010.
||Delana Township||Humboldt Township||Vernon Township|
|Rutland Township||Lake Township|
|Corinth Township||Beaver Township||Norway Township|