|Studio album by Loudon Wainwright III|
|Released||October 2, 1995|
|Producer||Loudon Wainwright III,
|Loudon Wainwright III chronology|
|Robert Christgau||(A-) |
Grown Man is the thirteenth studio album by American singer-songwriter Loudon Wainwright III, released on October 2, 1995 on Virgin Records. The release is generally considered less stark and somewhat more humorous that its predecessor, History.
Grown Man contains a song addressed to his daughter, Martha Wainwright, entitled "Father/Daughter Dialogue", on which they duet.
All tracks composed by Loudon Wainwright III; except where indicated
- "The Birthday Present"
- "Grown Man"
- "That Hospital"
- "A Year"
- "Father/Daughter Dialogue"
- "I.W.I.W.A.L.(I Wish I Was a Lesbian)"
- "Just A John"
- "I Suppose"
- "The End Has Begun"
- "Human Cannonball"
- "Treasure Untold" (Jimmie Rodgers, Ellsworth T. Cozzens)
- Loudon Wainwright III - guitar, vocals
- Dom Cortese - accordion
- Richard Crooks - drums
- Steve Gaboury - organ, accordion
- John Kaye - percussion
- Randy Landau - bass
- Jeffrey Lesser - percussion, Jew's harp, vocals
- David Mansfield - bouzouki, fiddle, guitar, mandolin, pedal steel, electric & slide guitar
- Chaim Tannenbaum - banjo, harmonica, vocals
- Martha Wainwright - vocals on "Father/Daughter Dialogue"
- Mike Kappus - executive producer
- CD: Virgin CDV2789
- Roch Parisien. "Grown Man - Loudon Wainwright III | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- "CG: Loudon Wainwright III". Robert Christgau. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- McLeese, Don. "Loudon Wainright III: Grown Man". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on July 24, 2008.
- "Mike Kappus | Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-12-12.