|Industry||Financial Services: Private Equity|
|AUM||$1.6bn as of December 2018|
Growthgate Capital Corporation BSC (c) (or Growthgate Capital) is a specialist buyout firm engaged in direct equity investments focused on middle-market companies in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and other select markets of the wider MENA region. Growthgate Capital was incorporated as a closed joint stock company in the Kingdom of Bahrain in 2007.
The founding shareholders of Growthgate Capital include State-owned banks, public pension funds, investment companies, single-family offices and a group of corporate leaders from the Middle East region.
Karim Souaid is the founder and managing partner of Growthgate Partners, along with partners Ahmed Doumani, Haythem Macki and Randa Khoury, who formed Growthgate Capital. The total portfolio included seven investee companies.
Growthgate Capital operates through its offices in Dubai.
- At two intervals in late 2007 and late 2008, Growthgate Capital raised a total of $200m in paid-up, permanent capital earmarked for investments in private enterprises principally in the GCC and other select markets of the MENA region
- Between 2008 and 2010 the company deployed c. 80% of its total capital by acquiring non-controlling stakes in several companies operating in different sectors including logistics & transport, private aviation management, buildings materials, waste management, food processing, computer-animation & themed entertainment, and biometrics
- In 2015 Growthgate acquired a strategic minority stake in a large food retailing conglomerate in North Africa
- Between 2013 and 2017 Growthgate Capital exited from 3 out of the 7 portfolio companies in which that were originally acquired including, Roots Steel, Able Logistics Group, and Gama Aviation (+ Gama Aviation MENA)
- Between 2010 and 2015 Growthgate Capital has contributed and published 5 white papers on the PE industry in the MENA region in collaboration with students and faculty members of HBS
- "GrowthGate of Dubai May Invest $200 Million More in Mideast". bloomberg. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
growthgate. crescententerprises. Crunchbase. Bloomberg Business. CFI.co. growthgate.com/Portfolio. Zawya. forbesmiddleeast. http://www.al-nashra.net/News-348. mediavataarme.com.
- growthgate.com, Home Page Growthgate.
- http://crescententerprises.com/business-sectors/private-equity-holdings/growthgate-capital .
- https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/growthgate-capital .
- https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=27672615 .
- CFI.co, Best MENA Mid-Market Private Equity House of 2015.
- http://growthgate.com/Portfolio, Portfolio.
- Zawya, Best MENA Mid-Market Private Equity House of 2015.
- , Top companies in the arab world.
- . growthgate capital the best mena mid market private equity house gcc