|Industry||Financial Services: Private Equity|
|AUM||$1.7bn as of December 2014|
Growthgate Capital Corporation BSC (c) (or Growthgate Capital) is a specialist buyout firm engaged in direct equity investments focused on middle-market companies in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and other select markets of the wider MENA region. Growthgate Capital was incorporated as a closed joint stock company in the Kingdom of Bahrain in 2007.
The founding shareholders of Growthgate Capital include State-owned banks, public pension funds, investment companies, single-family offices and a group of corporate leaders from the Middle East region.
Karim Souaid is the founder and managing partner of Growthgate Partners, along with partners Ahmed Doumani, Haythem Macki and Randa Khoury, who formed Growthgate Capital. The total portfolio included seven investee companies.
Growthgate has managed to occupy a sizeable share of the market in the GCC, and in 2014 Growthgate conducted a listing of one of its portfolio companies, namely Gama Aviation, on the London Stock Exchange and succeeded in closing one of the few cross-border M&A transactions with China by selling Able Logistics Group, another of its companies, to Kerry Logistics of Hong Kong Able Logistics Group
Growthgate Capital operates through its offices in Dubai and Beirut.
- In 2007, the founding shareholders of Growthgate Capital including State-owned pension funds, family offices and business leaders from the MENA region, raised $200M in permanent capital base
- Between 2008 and 2014 the total value of all portfolio companies that are partly owned and fully monitored by Growthgate Capital grew to significant proportions
- Growthgate invested in companies characterized by strong management teams, and solid business models operating mainly across the MENA region
- Growthgate Capital closed 7 platform deals and 12 bolt-on-acquisitions and realized 4 liquidity events
- The 4 exits conducted by Growthgate Capital have realized high returns on originally invested capital
- In 2014 Growthgate Capital Sold Majority Stake in Able Logistics (UAE) to Kerry Logistics Network (HK)
- "GrowthGate of Dubai May Invest $200 Million More in Mideast". bloomberg. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- "Exclusive: GrowthGate Capital plans Dubai IPO for logistics firm". Reuters. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- Reuters. "Growthgate Capital Successfully Sells Majority Stake in Able Logistics (UAE) to Kerry Logistics Network (HK)". Reuters. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- growthgate.com, Home Page Growthgate.
- http://crescententerprises.com/business-sectors/private-equity-holdings/growthgate-capital .
- https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/growthgate-capital .
- https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=27672615 .
- CFI.co, Best MENA Mid-Market Private Equity House of 2015.
- http://growthgate.com/Portfolio, Portfolio.
- Zawya, Best MENA Mid-Market Private Equity House of 2015.
- , Top companies in the arab world.
- . growthgate capital the best mena mid market private equity house gcc