GrowthWorks Capital Ltd is a Canadian venture capital firm investing in early stage technology companies. Founded in 1992, the Working Opportunity Fund has invested $600 million in 130 BC technology companies.
The GrowthWorks management team has won the CVCA Deal of the Year award 3 times (Layer 7 - 2013, Galleon Energy – 2007, HotHaus Technologies - 2000). The reinstatement of the 15% federal Labour Sponsored Venture Capital tax credit in Budget 2016 (plus the existing Provincial tax credits), will be beneficial to GrowthWorks. In 2013 it was reported that the fund had liquidity problems.
- CVCA News http://news.cvca.ca/bdc-venture-capital-growthworks-winners-cvcas-2014-vc-deal-year-award/2014/05/21/
- Wellington Fund http://www.wellingtonfund.com/blog/2008/11/25/this-is-roger-martin-reporting-from-mars/#axzz4FjMxWWO2
- CVCA http://www.cvca.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/CVCA-Budget-2016-Statement.pdf
- Baines, David (2013-06-05). "GrowthWorks-managed fund struggles with liquidity problems". Vancouver Sun.
- Critchley, Barry (2012-10-26). "ROI Capital, GrowthWorks: Where liquidity is an issue". Financial Post.
- Kirbyson, Geoff (2012-12-18). "GrowthWorks ready to dole out cash to ENSIS unitholders". Winnipeg Free Press.
- Critchley, Barry (2013-12-05). "Sorting out the mess at GrowthWorks: $650M lawsuits hangs over proceedings". Financial Post.
- Critchley, Barry (2012-12-14). "GrowthWorks fund has holders fuming". Financial Post.
- Critchley, Barry (2012-06-01). "GrowthWorks CEO defends fund's use of leverage". Financial Post.
- Critchley, Barry (2012-05-31). "GrowthWorks fund shores up position with costly borrowing". Financial Post.
- Critchley, Barry (2013-10-02). "GrowthWorks Canadian Fund receives court protection: FTI appointed monitor". Financial Post.
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|