|18th cabinet of Ukraine (since 1990)|
|Date formed||14 April 2016|
|People and organisations|
|Head of state||Petro Poroshenko|
|Head of government||Volodymyr Groysman|
|Deputy head of government||Stepan Kubiv|
|No. of ministers||24|
|Member parties||Petro Poroshenko Bloc|
|Status in legislature||Coalition|
|Opposition parties||Opposition Bloc|
|Opposition leaders||Yuriy Boyko|
Yulia Tymoshenko, Andriy Sadovyi
|Predecessor||Second Yatsenyuk government|
The Groysman government was formed on 14 April 2016, led by Volodymyr Groysman. It is the third Ukrainian cabinet formed since the 2014 Ukrainian revolution, following on from the first and second Yatsenyuk governments.
On 10 April 2016 Arseniy Yatsenyuk announced that he would resign as Prime Minister and would ask parliament to fire him on 12 April 2016. On 25 March 2016 Parliamentary Speaker Volodymyr Groysman had been nominated by coalition partner Petro Poroshenko Bloc to replace Yatsenyuk. On 12 April parliament did not hold a vote on Yatsenyuk's resignation, because (Yatsenyuk's party) People's Front and Petro Poroshenko Bloc could not agree on the forming of a new government. On 14 April Groysman was confirmed by the Verkhovna Rada (Ukraine's parliament) as Prime Minister.
As Petro Poroshenko Bloc and People's Front together lacked a parliamentary majority (and a couple of both parties' parlamentariens voted "against" the Groysman government) the government creation became possible because almost all MP's of Revival and People's Will voted for the establishment of the coalition.
|Faction||Number of members||Yes||No||Abstained||Did not vote||Absent|
|Petro Poroshenko Bloc||146||131||4||3||1||7|
|Proposals||Yes||No||Abstained||Did not vote||Total|
|The composition of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine||240||48||39||20||367|
Under the Constitution of Ukraine the Ukrainian President submits nominations to parliament for the post of Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of Defense. When the Groysman Government was installed Pavlo Klimkin was reappointed as Foreign minister and Stepan Poltorak was reappointed as Minister of Defence.
The post of Minister of Health is vacant since the Groysman Government was formed (on 14 April 2016). Naturalised Ukrainian American Ulana Suprun was appointed acting Minister on 27 July 2016. On 11 July 2015 President Petro Poroshenko had granted Suprun Ukrainian citizenship.
After a conflict with Prime Minister Groysman the Verkhovna Rada on 7 June 2018 dismissed Finance Minister Oleksandr Danylyuk, the next day Oksana Markarova was appointed acting Finance Minister. On 22 November 2018 parliament appointed her as Finance Minister. The same day Iryna Friz was appointed to the new post of Minister of Veterans Affairs. On 27 February 2018 parliament has adopted an appeal to the Cabinet of Ministers on the creation of this Ministry for Veterans Affairs.
|Petro Poroshenko Bloc "Solidarity"|
|Presidential nominations||President Petro Poroshenko|
- Ukrainian PM Yatsenyuk resigns, UNIAN (10 April 2016)
Ukraine Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk to resign, BBC News (10 April 2016)
- Ukraine’s president settles on a PM candidate, Politico Europe (25 March 2016)
- Ukraine: Lawmakers end session without new PM vote, BBC News (12 April 2016)
- ‹See Tfd›(in Ukrainian) Spring transplantation: Prime Groisman and without a coalition Cabinet, Ukrayinska Pravda (14 April 2016)
- Individual voting. Verkhovna Rada. 14 April 2016
- New Cabinet formed in Ukraine, UNIAN (14 April 2016)
Week’s balance: PM Groysman, Rada’s sabotage, and disappointing IMF forecast, UNIAN (18 April 2016)
- ‹See Tfd›(in Ukrainian) The government appointed Acting Minister of Health, Ukrayinska Pravda (27 July 2016)
- President has granted Passports of Ukrainian Citizens to Juliana and Marco Suprun: Your efforts saved thousands of lives, president.gov.ua (11 July 2016)
- Oksana Markarova appointed Ukraine's acting finance minister, UNIAN (8 June 2018)
- Ukraine parliament appoints Markarova, Friz ministers, UNIAN (22 November 2018)
- ‹See Tfd›(in Ukrainian) Assign new to. at. Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food, Ukrayinska Pravda (7 December 2018)
- Гройсман переконує, що Кістіон отримав посаду не "за красиві очі" (Groysman assures that Kistion received his post not "for pretty eyes"). Ukrayinska Pravda. 20 April 2016