|Also known as||Gruen Guild Playhouse|
Peter Graves (actor)
Cameron Mitchell (actor)
|Country of origin||USA|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||ABC (1951)
|Original release||September 27
January 17, 1952 (DuMont) – December 20, 1951 (ABC)
August 7, 1952 (DuMont)
Sponsored by the Gruen Watch Company, the series aired on ABC on Thursdays at 9:30pm ET, and on DuMont on Thursdays at 9pm ET. From January to March 1952, Gruen Playhouse alternated with Shadow of the Cloak on DuMont.
The 30-minute dramas featured actors such as Carolyn Jones (in her TV debut), Raymond Burr (in his TV debut), and Bonita Granville. An early episode was written by Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry.
Two DuMont episodes are held in the collection of the UCLA Film and Television Archive, along with a single ABC episode.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1951-52 United States network television schedule
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1