Grumpy Old Bookman
The Grumpy Old Bookman is aimed at both readers and writers, and the content deals almost entirely with books and publishing, including such issues as advances for writers and the quality of publishers' review processes. It soon acquired a reputation for plain speaking and controversy. A typical entry will either be a lengthy review of a book, or the author's thoughts on some aspect of the book world, inspired by an item of recent news.
- "Knarrig gammal man". Svensk Bokhandel. 22 March 2007. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Novelist, 6, puts publisher in record books". The Scotsman. 25 November 2006. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "The Romance of Money - GalleyCat". Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- Sullivan, Jane (29 January 2006). "Pity publishers in the fickle world of fiction". The Age. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- Guardian Unlimited Books' top 10 literary blogs: Our pick of the best the online books community has to offer at the Guardian (via archive.org); published 7 February 2005; retrieved April 19, 2014
- Sabbatical, at Grumpy Old Bookman; by Michael Allen; published 25 November 2007; retrieved 19 April 2014
- Well, I'm back, at Grumpy Old Bookman; by Michael Allen; published 12 May 2012; retrieved 19 April 2014
- The Grumpy Old Bookman litblog
|This article about a blog, vlog, or other Internet publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|