GRUPO SM logo
|Country of origin||Spain|
|Headquarters location||Madrid, Spain|
|Distribution||Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Spain|
|Key people||Luis Fernando Crespo, Chairman|
|Publication types||children's literature, educational material, English language teaching material, reference books, religious publications|
|Imprints||Ediciones SM, PPC, University of Dayton Publishing, cruïlla, Ikasmina, Xerme|
|No. of employees||2000|
Grupo SM is a Spanish publisher with a strong presence in Latin America. It specializes in publishing educational material, fiction for children and teenagers, and religious literature (under the PPC seal). The group has a catalog of more than 9000 titles, including well-known children's literature series such as El Barco de Vapor and Gran Angular. SM operates in nine countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Spain. Its books are sold in nearly 80 countries.
In 1977, the publishing house created the Santa Maria Foundation (now the SM Foundation), with the aim of improving the quality of education in countries where SM does business. Since this time, SM has contributed corporate profits to various cultural and educational programs led by the SM Foundation.
In 1984, Grupo SM created the imprint cruïlla, which publishes educational material and literature in Catalan. Cruïlla is based in Barcelona. In 1997, the Group created two new imprints: Ikasmina and Xerme. They publish educational material and children's fiction in Basque and Galician, respectively.
- "Luis Fernando Crespo, nuevo presidente de SM" (in Spanish). Europapress.es. 2013-12-27. Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- "Grupo SM - Company Profile and Analysis". G2Mi. Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- Sally Taylor (1999-09-13). "BOOKS ACROSS THE BORDER: Publishing in Latin America". Publishersweekly.com. Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- "La editorial española SM se afianza en el mercado educativo de Puerto Rico". Finanzas.com. 2015-02-17. Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- "SM-Conoce toda su Historia" (in Spanish). Grupo-sm.com. Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- "University of Dayton Publishing-Material educativo en inglés" (in Spanish). Grupo-sm.com. Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- "News : A Marianist Partnership : University of Dayton, Ohio". Udayton.edu. 2010-04-21. Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- "El Grupo SM crece el 18% por Latinoamérica". Economiadigital.es. 2012-02-23. Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- "Luis Fernando Crespo Navarro, nuevo presidente de la editorial SM". Lavanguardia.com. 2013-12-27. Retrieved 2015-07-09.