Guàrdia Urbana de Barcelona
|Guàrdia Urbana de Barcelona|
|Common name||Guàrdia Urbana|
|Formed||December 8, 1907|
|Operations jurisdiction||Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain|
|Governing body||Ajuntament de Barcelona|
|General nature||• Local civilian agency|
C/ Guàrdia Urbana, 2-4|
|Elected officer responsible||
Originally it was formed in November 1843 as the "Municipal Guard". Although in 1907 it became the "Urban Guard".
Originally their police officers were armed with a sabre, pistol, and a rifle. Following Tragic Week events in 1909 the force was demilitarized, and officers are now armed with sidearms for personal defence.
- Senior Constable
- Chief Inspector
- Citroen, SEAT Altea XL and SEAT Toledo patrol cars
- Renault Trafic accident vans
- Nissan Pathfinder 4WD vehicles
- Honda F 250 and Piaggio scooters
- Polaris dune buggies
- Yamaha XT 600 E (off-road) and Honda ST 1300 E (traffic policing) motorbikes
-  Archived July 10, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Technical operational equipment | About us | Guardia Urbana | Barcelona City Council website Archived September 29, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Badges | About us | Guardia Urbana | Barcelona City Council website Archived September 29, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Mobile Units | About us | Guardia Urbana | Barcelona City Council website Archived September 29, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
|This article about an organisation based in Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|