Guča in August 2008
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Guča (Serbian Cyrillic: Гуча, pronounced [ɡûtʃa]) is a small town in Serbia. It is situated in the Lučani municipality, Moravica District. The population of the town is 3,710 people (2011). Guča is a three-hour bus journey from Belgrade. It is famous for its yearly trumpet festival, attended by several hundred thousand visitors each year.
Guča was a separate municipality until 1965, when it was incorporated into the municipality of Lučani. For census purposes, Guča is divided into two adjacent parts, northern "Guča village" (Guča selo, population 1,955) and southern "Guča town" (Guča varoš, 1,755), separated by the Bjelica river.
Guča trumpet festival
The Guča trumpet festival, also known as the Dragačevo Assembly is an annual trumpet festival held in Guča. 900,000 visitors (estimation by the promoter) make their way to the town of 2,000 people every year, both from Serbia and abroad. Elimination heats earlier in the year mean only a few dozen bands get to compete. Guča’s official festival is split into three parts. Friday’s opening concert, Saturday night celebrations and Sunday’s competition. Friday’s concerts are held at the entrance to the official Guča Festival building. This event features previous winners, each orkestar getting to play three tunes while folk dancers, all kitted out in bright knitting patterns, dance kolos and oros in front of a hyped-up audience.
In 2010, Guča celebrated its 50th anniversary and it was opened by the then Serbian President Boris Tadić.
- "2011 Census of Population, Households and Dwellings in the Republic of Serbia: Comparative Overview of the Number of Population in 1948, 1953, 1961, 1971, 1981, 1991, 2002 and 2011, Data by settlements" (PDF). Statistical Office of Republic Of Serbia, Belgrade. 2014. p. 69. ISBN 978-86-6161-109-4. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- Serbia: Guca and Exit Music Festivals by Ljubisa Bojic
- Guca Festival Archived 2007-12-17 at the Wayback Machine. by Garth Cartwright
- Official website gucasabor.com
- Brasslands – a documentary film by the Meerkat Media Collective shot at the 50th anniversary of the Guča trumpet competition
- www.DJambore.com – Guča 2013 – Guča 2015. Trumpets, roads, beers, pork chops and cheap shots
- www.gucafilm.com – documentary filmed in Guča, following two young contenders for the coveted 'Golden Trumpet' award.
- Trumpets' Republic — A documentary film by Stefano Missio & Alessandro Gori
- Guca 2010 Photo Gallery by Marien van Bezooijen
- Guca 2011 Photo Gallery by Marien van Bezooijen
- Guca 2012 Photo Gallery by Marien van Bezooijen
- Guca 2013 Photo Gallery I by Marien van Bezooijen
- Guca 2013 Photo Gallery II by Marien van Bezooijen
- Guca 2014 Photo Gallery I by Marien van Bezooijen
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Guča.|