|Born||July 17, 1955|
|Died||March 2001(aged 45)|
|Revised Romanization||Gu Yeong-jo|
Ku Yong-jo (July 17, 1955 – March 2001) was a boxer from North Korea, who won the gold medal in the bantamweight (–54 kg) division at the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal, Canada. In the final, he defeated American boxer Charles Mooney. In 1980, he competed in the featherweight division and lost his first bout to Krzysztof Kosedowski of Poland.
- 1st round bye
- Defeated Faredin Ibrahim (Romania) 4–1
- Defeated Chacho Andreykovski (Bulgaria) 5–0
- Defeated Weerachart Saturngrun (Thailand) 5–0
- Defeated Pat Cowdell (Great Britain) 4–1
- Defeated Charles Mooney (United States) 5–0
- Lost to Krzysztof Kosedowski (Poland) 0–5
- "DPRK Sportspersons Prove Successful at Olympic Games". Korean Central News Agency. August 2, 2012. Archived from the original on August 12, 2014.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Gu Yong-Jo". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 2012-11-05.
|This biographical article related to North Korean boxing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a North Korean Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|