Guangdong Sunray Cave F.C.
|Full name||Guangdong Sunray Cave Football Club|
|Founded||5 February 2007|
|Dissolved||31 January 2015|
|Ground||Huangpu Stadium, Guangzhou, Guangdong|
The club was originally formed on February 5, 2007 and was once owned by Guangdong Sports Bureau and Sunray Cave Group. In November 2014, a group of local companies from Shaanxi Province collectively acquired the full ownership of the club and subsequently renamed it to 'Shaanxi Wuzhou F.C.' (Chinese: 陕西五洲), following the club's relocation the Shaanxi Province Stadium in Xi'an. However, the club failed to settle the wages of the players for 2014 season and was forbidden to play in the Chinese football league system by Chinese Football Association.
The Sunray Cave Group who had previously owned Guangzhou FC and the short-lived Hong Kong football club Sunray Cave founded Guangdong Sunray Cave Football Club on February 5, 2007 with the Guangdong Sports Bureau to take part in the third tier of Chinese football with a team predominantly built from the Guangdong youth team. In the club's debut season Cao Yang was brought in as their manager while the team played in the 8,000 seater Nanhai District Stadium in Foshan, Guangdong. Playing in an orange top, black shorts and orange socks for their home kits and an all white outfit for the away kits the team finished bottom within their group at the end at the end of the 2007 league season. The following 2008 league campaign saw the team move into the 36,686 seater Century Lotus Stadium in Foshan where they matured into genuine division championship contenders and came runners-up within the league, winning promotion to the second tier.
The club's debut season in the second division saw them move into the 12,000 capacity Huangpu Sports Center in Huangpu District, Guangzhou and they ended the campaign in a respectable fifth. The following season saw the owners wanting to move into the 15,000 capacity Guangdong Provincial People's Stadium, however it was going through renovation and the team had to use the Dongguan Stadium, Huangpu Sports Center and University of Technology Stadium before they finally moved in. With the team settled in results significantly improved within the 2011 campaign with the club looking like genuine promotion contenders until on September 24, 2011 they lost a league against Shenyang Dongjin F.C. 3–2 and the club were unable to recover for the final run in for promotion. After the club's failed promotion attempt Dragan Kokotović was brought in to provide more experience, however he left on March 27, 2012 after only several games and Cao was brought back as a caretaker manager. On July 29, 2012 José Ricardo Rambo came in as permanent manager while Cao became General manager. José time as manager was not a success and Guangdong became embroiled in a relegation battle, which saw the Chairman Lin Qin bring back Cao once again on August 30, 2012 as a caretaker manager and relegate José as his assistant for the rest of the 2012 league campaign.
On 14 December 2014, a group of local companies from Shaanxi Province collectively acquired the full ownership of the club and subsequently renamed it to Shaanxi Wuzhou F.C. However, the club failed to register for the 2015 league season due to wage arrears. On 31 January 2015, the club was forbidden to play in the Chinese football league system by Chinese Football Association.
- 1997–2014: Guangdong Sunray Cave (广东日之泉)
- 2015: Shaanxi Wuzhou (陕西五洲)
2007 Home 
2011 Home 
2012 Home 
2012 Away 
- League Level 2
- League Level 3
All-time League Rankings
|Year||Div||Pld||W||D||L||GF||GA||GD||Pts||Pos.||FA Cup||Super Cup||AFC||Att./G||Stadium|
|2007||3||12||2||1||9||11||21||−10||7||71||NH||DNQ||–||Nanhai District Stadium|
|2008||3||17||11||4||2||38||18||+20||31||RU||NH||DNQ||–||Century Lotus Stadium|
|2009||2||24||10||5||9||37||37||0||35||5||NH||DNQ||–||Huangpu Sports Center|
|2010||2||24||5||7||12||34||39||−5||22||11||NH||DNQ||–||Guangdong Provincial People's Stadium 2|
|2011||2||26||13||7||6||42||29||+13||46||3||R3||DNQ||–||Guangdong Provincial People's Stadium|
|2012||2||30||10||8||12||41||46||−5||38||10||R3||DNQ||–||1,104||Guangdong Provincial People's Stadium / Guangdong Olympic Stadium|
|2013||2||30||17||6||7||51||29||+22||57||3||R4||DNQ||–||2,935||Guangdong Provincial People's Stadium / Century Lotus Stadium|
|2014||2||30||6||12||12||36||47||−11||30||13||R3||DNQ||–||1,383||Huangpu Sports Center|
- Cao Yang (February 5, 2007 – January 1, 2012)
- Dragan Kokotović (January 5, 2012 – March 27, 2012)
- Cao Yang (interim) (March 27, 2012–28 July 2012)
- José Ricardo Rambo (July 29, 2012 – August 30, 2012)
- Cao Yang (interim) (30 August 2012 – January 3, 2013)
- Zhang Jun (January 3, 2013 – January 2, 2014)
- Julio César Moreno (January 2, 2014 – April 20, 2014)
- Feng Feng (interim) (April 20, 2014 – May 13, 2014)
- Mai Chao (May 13, 2014 – November 2014)
- Alejandro Menéndez (December 28, 2014 – 2015)
Past and present Internationals
Names in bold indicate players who had international cap when played for Guangdong Sunray Cave F.C.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Petar Jelić (2014)
- China PR
- Ye Weichao (2007–10, 2014)
- Costa Rica
- Darío Delgado (2011)
- Hong Kong
- Mourtala Diakité (2011)
- Carlos Andrés García (2013–14)
- Joel Bertoti Padilha (2009-10)
- 广东日之泉足球俱乐部 Archived 2012-10-20 at the Wayback Machine at dayoo.com 2012-03-27 Retrieved 2012-10-28
- China Third Level 2007 Archived 2012-10-17 at the Wayback Machine at rsssf.com 18 Apr 2008 Retrieved 2013-10-25
- China Third Level 2008 at rsssf.com 2 Jan 2009 Retrieved 2012-10-28
- China Second Level 2009 at rsssf.com 23 Apr 2010 Retrieved 2013-11-02
- 中甲-遭闪电三连击 日之泉2–3不敌东进冲超受阻 at sports.sohu.com 2011-09-24 Retrieved 2013-11-02
- 日之泉确定更换主帅 前申花助教5日正式入主球队 at sports.163.com 2012-01-01 Retrieved 2013-11-02
- 日之泉再次做出教练调整 香港晨曦主帅即将上任 at sports.sohu.com 2012-07-29 Retrieved 2013-11-02
- 日之泉扶正曹阳取代洋帅 单场赢球奖80万意在保级 at sports.sina.com.cn 2012-08-30 Retrieved 2013-11-02
- 陕西五洲足球俱乐部成立 Archived 2015-04-13 at the Wayback Machine at xinhuanet.com 2014-12-15 Retrieved 2015-04-08
- 陕西五洲俱乐部注册无望 at 163.com 2015-01-17 Retrieved 2015-04-08
- 新陕足无缘中甲恐面临解散 被戏称“最短命俱乐部” at ifeng.com 2015-01-31 Retrieved 2015-04-08
- 广东冲甲启示录:是昙花一现 还是重造辉煌的开始 (in Chinese). news.xinhuanet.com. 2008-12-24. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- "图文-[中甲]湖南湘涛vs广东日之泉 阿瓦尔庆祝进球" (in Chinese). sports.sina.com.cn. 2011-04-23. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- 中甲-史亮染黄中柱里卡多失良机 日之泉0–0毅腾 (in Chinese). sports.sohu.com. 2012-04-14. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- 中甲-雷纳尔多补射一球制胜 日之泉主场1–0松江 (in Chinese). sports.sohu.com. 2012-03-17. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- "China – List of Champions". rsssf.com. 10 Oct 2013. Archived from the original on 4 July 2014. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "广东日之泉". sodasoccer.com. Retrieved 3 February 2014.