Guaranty Trust Bank (Uganda)
|Headquarters||Kiira Road, Kampala, Uganda|
Olufemi Martins Omotoso,
|Products||Loans, savings, checking, investments, debit cards, credit cards|
|Total assets||US$34.5 million (KES:2.9 billion) (2011)|
Guaranty Trust Bank (Uganda), commonly referred to as GT Bank (Uganda), is a commercial bank in Uganda. It is one of the commercial banks licensed by Bank of Uganda, the central bank of that country and the national banking regulator.
GT Bank (Uganda) is a small, fast-growing banking institution that provides commercial banking services to individuals and small to medium-sized corporate clients. As of December 2011, the asset valuation of the bank was estimated to be US$34.5 million (KES:2.9 billion), with shareholders' equity of about US$5.13 million (KES:429.3 billion) At that time, the bank was the 19th largest commercial bank in Uganda with about 1 percent of all bank assets in the country. GT Bank (Uganda) is a subsidiary of Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB), a Nigerian financial services conglomerate with assets in excess of US$11.5 billion as of March 2013.
GT Bank (Uganda) was founded in 2008 as Fina Bank (Uganda), a subsidiary of the Fina Bank Group based in Kenya. In 2013, the Group sold 70 percent shareholding to GTB for a cash consideration of US$100 million. In January 2014, the bank rebranded to its current name to reflect its current shareholding.
As of January 2014[update], the shareholding in Guaranty Trust Bank (Uganda) is depicted in the table below:
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Guaranty Trust Bank||70.00|
GT Bank (Uganda) is governed by a nine-person Board of Directors. Ramesh Babu, one of the non-Executive Directors is the Chairman of the Board. Olufemi Martins Omotoso serves as the Managing Director. He is assisted by six other managers in supervising the bank's daily activities.
- Main Branch - 56 Kira Road, Kamwookya, Kampala
- Buganda Road Branch - 7 Buganda Road, Kampala
- Nakivubo Road Branch - 34-38 Nakivubo Road, Kampala
- Ovino Market Branch - 22 Kisenyi Road, Kampala
- Industrial Area Branch - 13 Mulwana Road, Kampala
- Mbarara Branch - 52-54 High Street, Mbarara
- Kyaliwajjala Branch - 31 Namugongo Road, Kyaliwajjala, Kira Municipality
- List of banks in Uganda
- Banking in Uganda
- Guaranty Trust Bank (East Africa)
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Kenya)
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Rwanda)
- "The Guaranty Trust Bank Board of Directors". GT Bank Uganda. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- BOU (June 2015). "List of Licensed Commercial Banks As At June 2015" (PDF). Kampala: Bank of Uganda (BOU). Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- "December 2011 Group Financial Report" (PDF). GT Bank East Arica. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Egene, Goddy (25 December 2013). "GTBank Concludes Acquisition of Fina Bank, Kenya". This Day Live. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "Fina Bank In Rwanda, Uganda To Be Renamed Very Soon". IGIHE. 26 December 2013. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Odyek, John (23 January 2014). "Fina Bank Uganda Sold To Nigerian Bank Group". New Vision. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "The Senior Management Team At Guaranty Trust Bank Uganda". GT Bank Uganda. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "List of GT Bank Uganda Branches". GT BANK Uganda. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Vision, Reporter (1 December 2009). "Fina Bank Targets Industrial Area". New Vision. Retrieved 3 May 2014.