From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Guarino is an Italian name that is derived from the word guardia or guardiano meaning ‘to guard’ or ‘to protect’. The name refers to several notable people:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Alessio Guarino, physicist
- Battista Guarino (1434–1513), Renaissance humanist
- Francesco Guarino (1611–1651 or 1654), Italian painter of the Baroque period
- Nicola Guarino (born 1954), group leader of the Laboratory for Applied Ontology and co-creator of the OntoClean methodology. He also wrote a book about mereotopology.
- Dick Guarino, former employee of IBM and CEO of Taligent
- Giuseppe Guarino (politician), born 1922, Italian politician
- Gustavo Guarino, actor, appearing in the Spanish horror film Angustia
- Laetitia Guarino, Miss Switzerland 2014
- Michael Guarino, prosecutor in the Frankenchrist trial. A phone call between him and Jello Biafra was featured in Episode 285 of This American Life.
- Nicholas Guarino, creator of music website Thissongissick.com.
- Philip Guarino (1907–1993), former priest and alleged Freemason associated with Licio Gelli and George H. W. Bush
- Robert Guarino, original co-host of Sidewalks Entertainment
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Guarino.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.