Guatemala–India relations refers to the bilateral ties between India and Guatemala. The countries established diplomatic relations with each other in the 1970s, and have decided to open resident missions in the other country.
|Republic of Guatemala||Republic of India|
|Coat of Arms|
|Area||108,889 km2 (42,042 sq mi)||3,287,263 km2 (1,269,219 sq mi)|
|Population Density||129/km2 (330/sq mi)||391.8/km2 (1,015/sq mi)|
|Capital||Guatemala City||New Delhi|
|Largest City||Guatemala City – 2,110,100 (4,500,000 Metro)||Mumbai – 12,442,373 (18,414,288 Metro)|
|Government||Unitary presidential constitutional republic||Federal parliamentary
|First Leaders||President: Rafael Carrera||President: Rajendra Prasad
Vice President: Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
Prime Minister:Jawaharlal Nehru
|Current Leaders||President: Jimmy Morales
Vice President: Jafeth Cabrera
|President: Ram Nath Kovind
Vice President: Venkaiah Naidu
Prime Minister: Narendra Modi
|GDP (nominal)||US$68.389 billion ($4.101 per capita)||US$2.607 trillion ($1,965 per capita)|
According to the Ministry of Commerce of the Government of India, total trade between India and Guatemala was worth just $92 million in 2009-10, with India accounting for nearly $87 million worth of the trade or around 95%.
Due to the visa-free entry that Guatemala offers to Indian citizens, there has been a report in the Daily Mail newspaper that a human trafficking network operates, which transports people from India to the United States, by first flying to Istanbul and then travelling on to Guatemala and finally to Texas.
- "India-Guatemala Relations". mea.gov.in. Accessed January 2014.
- National Informatics Centre 2005.
- Trade and Commerce
- Spice war: India v Guatemala | beyondbrics
- Varma, M Sarita (December 30, 2000). "Hrithik wrangle may scar India's cardamom bottom line". Indian Express. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "India loses out to Guatemala in cardamom exports". Commodity Online. April 19, 2011. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores de Guatemala
- From India to the U.S. via the jungles of Guatemala: Investigation exposes route taken by human traffickers | Mail Online
- "India bitter about sweet spice smuggled in from Guatemala". The Washington Times. November 27, 1996. Retrieved 26 January 2014. (subscription required)
- "India reportedly rejects US call to back Guatemala for UNSC seat". The Telegraph. October 18, 2006. Retrieved 27 January 2014. (subscription required)
- Nayak, Debiprasad (February 13, 2008). "India cardamom prices may fall 10 pct by mid-March". Reuters. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Abraham, Thomas Kutty (February 18, 2009). "India to Buy Sugar From Brazil, Guatemala on Shortage". Bloomberg. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "India's Reliance lead bidder for Guatemala project, may form Chevron jv - report". Abcmoney.co.uk. March 27, 2007. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- (in Spanish) Guatemala busca ser centro logístico de India
- (in Spanish) Empresarios de India interesados en Guatemala - CentralAmericaData : Central America Data
- (in Spanish) Llega la Jornada sobre 'Tratados Comerciales con Guatemala, Chile e India', en Cali - Archivo - Archivo Digital de Noticias de Colombia y el Mundo desde 1.990 - eltiempo.com
- (in Spanish) India comprará azúcar a Guatemala y Brasil - CentralAmericaData :: Central America Data