|Industry||Beverage, organic products|
|Founders||Alex Pryor, David Karr|
|United States, Canada|
|Chris Mann, CEO|
|Products||Yerba mate, beverages, energy shots, energy drinks|
Guayakí Sustainable Rainforest Products, Inc., more commonly known as Guayakí, is an organic beverage company specializing in yerba mate products based in Sebastopol, California. In addition to offering loose-leaf yerba mate, Guayakí also sells canned as well as carbonated yerba mate drinks, and energy shots. Guayakí receives American-nationwide distribution to roughly 6,000 stores, primarily through organic and health-oriented grocery stores such as Whole Foods among other retailers, as well as through online channels.
Guayakí has a stated mission to "steward and restore 200,000 acres of rainforest and create over 1,000 living-wage jobs by 2020" in the Atlantic Forest through their own "Market Driven Restoration" model, the idea that imperialism and colonialism as a result of the market for products from less-developed countries can be combatted using the market itself.
- Ferrari, Pierre. "GUAYAKÍ'S CEO CHRIS MANN ON THE IMPORTANCE OF RUNNING A TRANSPARENT COMPANY". Fast Company. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- "Guayakí Pioneers Market-Driven Restoration Business Model - RSF Social Finance". RSF Social Finance. 2012-08-27. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Small Biz Makeover: Guayaki Tea's Big Challenge". Newsweek. 2009-11-24. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- Latif, Roy. "Sparkling Growth: 6 Questions with David Karr of Guayaki". BEVNET. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- "100 Years of Sun: Regenerative Agriculture". 100 Years of Sun: Regenerative Agriculture. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Restoring the Rainforest: Guayakí Brews Environmental and Social Change - KWHS". KWHS. 2013-03-12. Retrieved 2018-06-05.