location of Departamento Guaymallén in Mendoza Province
|Established||May 14, 1858|
|Founded by||Don Juan Cornelio Moyano|
|• Mayor||Luis Lobos, PJ, FpV|
|• Total||164 km2 (63 sq mi)|
|• Total||283,803 (2,010 census [INDEC])|
|Patron saint||La Purísima, December 8|
- 1858, on May 14 Guaymallén Department was created.
- 1896, on May 19 Villa Nueva was declared as cabecera (capital) of the departament.
The economy of the Guaymallén Department, represented 8.7% of the economy of Mendoza Province.
The three main sectors of the economy are Banks and financial institutions, the service sector, industry and manufacturing.
Guaymallén Department is divided into 20 districts:
- Information about Guaymallén (Spanish)
- Municipal site (Spanish)
- Satellite Image of Villa Nueva
- Index of streets and barrios of Guaymallén
|This article about a place in Mendoza Province, Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|