|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Gudhjem is a popular venue for tourists who are attracted by its steep, picturesque streets, stunning views and a friendly atmosphere.
Its history as a fishing village goes back many years. The former church, St Anne's Chapel, now a ruin, dates from around 1300. Its harbour was first built in the middle of the 19th century but was destroyed by a storm in 1872 and rebuilt in 1889. A second harbour was constructed between 1897 and 1906 to provide a safe haven for whaling and fishing boats. It was in Gudhjem that smoked herrings were first prepared, in the town's typical smokehouses. Since the 1840s, smoked herrings have been sent to Copenhagen. The Gudhjem-Christiansø ferry has been functioning since 1684.
- "BY3: Population 1st January, by urban areas" The Mobile Statbank from Statistics Denmark
- Gudhjem town portal (in Danish)
- Bornholm.info Archived 1 April 2010 at the Wayback Machine (in Danish)
- Bornholm Museum Archived 19 August 2009 at the Wayback Machine (in Danish)
- "Gudhjem Mølle", Den Store Danske. (in Danish) Retrieved 4 November 2012.
Media related to Gudhjem at Wikimedia Commons