Guernsey general election, 2012
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
Ordinance of the States 
A total of 29,745 people or about two thirds of the population of Guernsey and Herm, registered to vote.
There were 20,459 voters. 81 blank papers and 65 spoilt papers, amended to 71 blank and 72 spoilt, after the two recounts.
Only five women were elected in 2012.
For the by-election of 2 December 2015 in St Peter Port North, 3,224 residents were eligible to vote. A reduction to 86% of those who had been eligible for the 2012 election. There was some controversy over holding a by-election as the cost is estimated at £51,100 to elect someone to sit as a deputy for just five months. Especially when the number of deputies and therefore seats will be reduced in April 2016.
There are three by-election candidates. Charles Parkinson, David Noakes and Mike Henderson, with the polling stations open from 8am to 8pm.
By-election results: 3,220 names on the register, turnout was 882 being 27% Charles Parkinson 571, Mike Henderson 184 and David Noakes 109 with 4 blank papers and 15 spoilt papers
Election results 
St Peter Port North District (after recount)  2,522 or 69% turnout
- Michelle Le Clerc 1,712
- John Gollop 1,455
- Peter Sherbourne 1,305
- Richard Conder 1,126
- Martin Storey (dec) 1,065
- Elis Bebb 944
- Lester Queripel 938
- Charles Parkinson (by by-election on 2 December 2015)
St Peter Port South District 1,967 or 66% turnout
West District 3,148 or 76% turnout
South East District 2,999 or 69% turnout
Vale District (after recount) 3,510 or 71% turnout
St Sampson's District 3,137 or 73% turnout
Castel District 3,176 or 73% turnout
- "2012 Electoral Calendar". Maximiliano Herrera. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- "Ordinance of the States XXX 2011".
- "Guernsey by-election to cost fifth of general election". BBC. 11 September 2015.
- "Charles Parkinson wins". Island FM.
- "Guernsey election results 2012". BBC.
- "Election recount - no change to result". Guernsey Press.
- ARRANGEMENTS FOR 2012 GENERAL ELECTION
- "Guernsey election results 2012". BBC News. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- 2012 Election results
|This article about the Bailiwick of Guernsey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European election-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|