Yabusele with Roanne in 2013
|Nanjing Monkey King|
|Born||December 17, 1995|
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||260 lb (118 kg)|
|NBA draft||2016 / Round: 1 / Pick: 16th overall|
|Selected by the Boston Celtics|
|2017||Maine Red Claws|
|2017–2018||→Maine Red Claws|
|2019–present||Nanjing Monkey Kings|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Guerschon Yabusele (born December 17, 1995) is a French professional basketball player who plays for the Nanjing Monkey Kings of the Chinese Basketball Association. He was considered one of the best international prospects for the 2016 NBA draft. Yabusele was drafted with the 16th overall pick by the Boston Celtics. Whilst with the Celtics, despite not being productive on the floor, he was a fan favorite and nicknamed The Dancing Bear.
Yabusele was born and raised in Dreux, France, to parents who emigrated from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Throughout the early portions of his life, Yabusele trained as a boxer. He began playing basketball with the youth sections of Chorale Roanne Basket in 2012, competing with their under-21 team.
Yabusele joined the official Roanne team of the LNB Pro B in 2013 and finished the season averaging 1.5 points per game in 8 appearances. He remained with the team for the next season, after which he averaged six points, four rebounds, and 1.7 assists. Yabusele signed with Rouen Métropole Basket of the LNB Pro A, the top league in France, in the summer of 2015. He made the decision to help his NBA draft stock. Yabusele wound up being one of 13 international underclassmen (and one of four Frenchmen) to officially enter their names for the 2016 NBA Draft. He was projected to be either a late first round or early second round selection, but surprised many by going 16th overall in the draft. Yabusele joined the Boston Celtics for the 2016 NBA Summer League.
On July 21, 2016, it was announced that Yabusele would sign a deal with the Shanghai Sharks of the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA). In 43 games for the Sharks, he averaged 20.9 points and 9.4 rebounds. Yabusele was named a CBA All-Star for the production he laid out for the Sharks.
On July 20, 2017 Yabusele signed with the Boston Celtics of the National Basketball Association. He made his debut on October 20, finishing with a statline of 3 points and 1 rebound in just 3 minutes of action in a 102–92 win against the Philadelphia 76ers. During his rookie season, he received multiple assignments to the Maine Red Claws. On July 10, 2019 Yabusele was waived by the Celtics.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Vecenie, Sam. "NBA Draft Prospect Rankings". CBS Sports. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Guerschon Yabusele". DraftExpress. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Guerschon Yabusele". NBADraft.net. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "A list of international players who might tempt the Sixers". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Guerschon Yabusele Reportedly Getting Waived Leads To Some Wild Twitter Reactions | Boston Celtics | NESN.com". July 10, 2019. Retrieved 11 January 2020.
- Wang, Kevin. "Meet Guerschon Yabusele, the Celtics' big, French 'dancing bear'". ESPN. ESPN. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "Guerschon Yabusele". Eurobasket.com. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Lacoste, Alexandre. "Guerschon Yabusele Trois Ans À Rouen". BeBasket.fr (in French). Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Boston Celtics 2016 Draft Results". NBA.com. June 24, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "Celtics Announce 2016 Summer League Roster". NBA.com. July 1, 2016. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- "上海正式签下绿军首轮秀亚布塞莱". 上海东方大鲨鱼篮球俱乐部官方网站 (in Chinese). 2 August 2016. Archived from the original on 21 April 2019. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- "Celtics First-Rounder Guerschon Yabusele Joins Maine Red Claws". NBA.com. March 29, 2017. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- "Boston Celtics Sign Guerschon Yabusele". NBA.com. July 20, 2017. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- "Irving, Horford lead Celtics past 76ers for 1st win". ESPN.com. October 20, 2017. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- "2017-2018 Maine Red Claws Transactions History". RealGM.com. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- Guerschon Yabusele signs with team in Chinese Basketball Association