Guess with Jess
|Guess with Jess|
|Created by||Ivor Wood|
|Written by||Tim Hastings
|Directed by||Mike Shiell|
|Creative director(s)||Donald Anderson|
|Voices of||Charlie George
|Narrated by||Tim Whitnall|
|Theme music composer||Jonathan Evans|
|Opening theme||"Guess With Jess"|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Executive producer(s)||Mandy Kamester
|Running time||10 minutes|
|Production company(s)||DreamWorks Classics
Storyboards and Animation - Nelvana
Assets and Layout - AbsoluteDigital Pictures
|Distributor||Cosgrove Hall Films|
DreamWorks Channel (2015 – present)
|Picture format||480i (4:3 SDTV)|
|Original release||9 November 2009 – 2013|
|Related shows||Postman Pat|
Guess with Jess is a British and Canadian interactive animated television series featuring Jess the Cat from the TV series Postman Pat. It follows Jess's adventures with his friends on Greendale Farm in London, England, and how they always try to solve each other's problems with a Big Question, which is answered by "asking, testing, find a way". The series is an enquiry-based learning show aimed at two- to four-year-olds. Jess and his friends search for the answers to science and nature-based questions, allowing children to learn about the world around them.
Unlike his appearance in Postman Pat, Jess in this series has the ability to talk to his friends on the farm.
Both seasons of Guess with Jess are available digitally on iTunes.
- Jess – the protagonist and host of the series. He is a young, talking black and white cat with green eyes, from the BBC series Postman Pat. He is voiced by Charlie George.
- Willow – a brown and white horse wearing a sunhat. The largest of all the characters, she acts as a wise mother figure to Jess. Willow shares the stable with the puppies, Joey and Jinx. She is voiced by Miranda Montague.
- Mimi – a pink and white rabbit who is Jess' best friend. She lives in her hutch and enjoys all things arts and crafts. She is voiced by Jo Wyatt.
- Baa – a sheep with a blue beanie and a blue and white scarf. He always hangs out with Billie, who both live up in buttercup meadow. Baa tends to be afraid of more things than the others and particularly hates getting wet because the water stays in his wool a long time, making him cold and miserable and also makes his wool heavy. He is voiced by Bailey Pepper.
- Billie – a fieldmouse. She is often seen with Baa and rides around on his hat, since Baa can get places faster than she can. She carries a magnifying glass and a set of binoculars so she can investigate the "big question" further. She is voiced by Maria Darling.
- Horace – a frog who wears large glasses and lives at the pond. He loves making music and instruments out of natural found objects. He is voiced by Daniel Anthony.
- Joey and Jinx – two twin brother and sister puppies. Joey (the boy) wears a blue collar with a bone shaped dog tag and Jinx (Joey's sister) wears a pink collar with a flower shaped dog tag and a flower in her hair. They both love to run about the farm, rolling about in the mud and jumping over puddles. They are voiced by Kyle Stanger and Eleanor Webster.
- A host of minor characters - such as Sammy Snail, Brown Bird, Kevin the fish, etc.
- Joseph - a chef boy, appears in episodes with questions regarding food or cooking
- Frater, Patrick (July 28, 2015). "DreamWorks Animation Launches TV Channel In Thailand". Variety. Retrieved October 27, 2015.