Sarabjeet Singh Paintal
4 October 1944
|Occupation(s)||Actor, Casting Director.|
Sarabjeet "Gufi" Paintal (born 4 October 1944) is an Indian actor and director. His most famous role was that of Shakuni in the TV serial Mahabharat. He is the elder brother of the noted comedian and character actor Paintal.
Gufi Paintal is an Indian actor who appeared in some notable Bollywood movies in 1980s, as well as television serials and plays. He was born in a Sikh Family.
Initially trained as an engineer, he would go on to follow his younger brother (who had been trained at the Film and Television Institute of India) into acting. Arriving in Bombay in 1969 and Gufi took up modeling, worked as an assistant director for movies and acted in various movies and serials. He has also directed his brother. His most well-known role is that of Mama (Maternal Uncle) Shakuni in the Mahabharat adaptation by B.R. Chopra and his son Ravi Chopra which Paintal himself recognizes as his best role. Indeed, he is so associated with his Shakuni character in India that Paintal presented a political discussion show on the news channel Sahara Samay in the character of Shakuni.
Paintal has recently directed the movie, Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu which sketches the life of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, a 16th-century devotee of Krishna who is recognised as an incarnation of the god by followers of Gaudiya Vaishnavism. The film was produced by Pawan Kumar with music by Ravindra Jain. In 2010 he was appointed head of facility at the Abbhinnay Acting Academy in Mumbai, a school established by his Mahabharata co-star Pankaj Dheer.
|1994||Suhaag||Akshay kumar's maternal uncle|
|1997||Daava||Mangal Singh, One Piece kathiavadi Ghodo|
|2000||The Revenge: Geeta Mera Naam|
|2006||Ghoom (film)||Vijay Dikshit's Boss|
|2013||Mahabharat Aur Barbareek||Shakuni|
|2014||Samrat & Co.||Dinesh Das a.k.a. DD Family Lawyer|
|1986||Bahadur Shah Zafar||DD National|
|1988–1990||Mahabharat||Shakuni as an actor & Also the Casting Director||DD National|
|1988–1990||Kanoon||Justice Raghunath||DD Metro|
|1997-2001||Om Namah Shivay||Shakuni||DD National|
|1998-1999||Akbar Birbal||Mulla Do Pyaza||DD National|
|2001||CID (Indian TV series)||Chander||Episode 195, 196|
|2002||Ssshhhh...Koi Hai||Dr. Jarkos||Star Plus|
|2003||The Magic Make-Up Box||Brithari||Zee TV|
|2011-2012||Dwarkadheesh Bhagwaan Shree Krishn||Shakuni||Imagine Tv|
|2012–2013||Mrs. Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuein||Brijbhushan Bhalla||Zee TV|
|2013||Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap||Humayun||Sony TV|
|2016–2018||Karmaphal Daata Shani||Vishwakarma||Colors TV|
|2018||Karn Sangini||Kripacharya||Star Plus|
|2021-2022||Jay Kaniya lal Ki||Vishwakarma||Star Bharat|
- ^ "Guftagoo with Gufi Paintal". Retrieved 16 November 2019 – via YouTube.
- ^ The other Paintal Archived 23 October 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ Sahara Samay: banking on youth Archived 3 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "Times Music : Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu". timesmusic.com. Archived from the original on 9 March 2008.
- ^ "Akshay Kumar inaugurates Pankaj Dheer's acting academy – Abbhinnay". businessofcinema. 9 April 2010. Archived from the original on 25 February 2012. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- ^ "Akshay inaugurates Abbhinnay Acting Academy". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 12 April 2010. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- ^ "Gufi Paintal in Mrs. Kaushik". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 3 January 2013.