Guide to: Sick Days and Spelling Bees
|"Guide to: Sick Days and Spelling Bees"|
|Ned's Declassified Survival Guide episode|
|Episode no.||Season 1
|Directed by||Adam Weissman|
|Written by||Joe Fallon|
|Featured music||Emerson Palame
|Original air date||October 17, 2004|
Mat Hoffman (Himself)
Guide to: Sick Days and Spelling Bees is the sixth episode of the first season of Ned's Declassified, it originally aired on October 17, 2004.
When Moze attempts to get sent home from school in order to miss giving a speech to the class, the school nurse's thermometer says otherwise. Meanwhile, Cookie has the flu, but tries to avoid being sent into the nurses office, worried that he won't receive 100% attendance if he takes time off school. Ned discovers that Mat Hoffman, a famous biker, is coming to his school, and he doesn't want to catch the flu so that he can meet him. Meanwhile Moze tries to get the flu by getting close to sick students,and kissing Coconut Head.(Who is sick.) Ned asks Gordy for help, Gordy gives him a giant hamster ball, so no germs can enter Ned's path once he gets inside. However, Gordy warns Ned not to expose the ball to sunlight, but when it gets stuck between a desk and a wall, the sun shines directly to him, and he cannot break free. When he finally does, he walks past the nurse red hot, because of the sunlight that shined on him. The nurse checks the temperature of the bubble and because it is so hot she believes it to be fever, and forces Ned into her office, ruining his chances of meeting Mat Hoffman.
Cookie is nervous about Spelling Bee Day, a day where a selection of students take turns to spell. Each time a pupil misspells a word, they get disqualified. The Killer Bees, three spelling bullies, confident to win the competition, taunt Cookie who is also in the competition. In the 6th grade Cookie had choked due to pressure, and is worried to repeat this mistake. Ned is also in the competition, as well as Moze. The first student to spell a word wrong is forced to sit beside Mr. Gross, the school's grossest teacher, and unfortunately, Moze was the first to spell wrongly due to being competitor number two. The competition goes by quickly and soon only Ned who has lucky enough to get a string of easy three letter words, Cookie and the last Killer Bee are left. Ned gets out first when he's given his first difficult word and then the Killer Bee fails. Cookie knows that if he gets the next word right he wins but he starts to break under the pressure. Ned decides that he needs to help Cookie win the contest by imagining the audience in their underwear so he stands up and in front of the entire school takes off his pants. Soon, all of the other boys do the same and Cookie spells the final word correctly (which coincidentally is "victorious") winning the spelling bee. Guest starring: Carlos Pena
- Write to your sick friends and hope they get better soon.
- No matter who it is, don't be happy someone is sick.
- If you are sick don't wait, go to the nurses office immediately.
- If your friend isn't there then talk to a different friend of yours.
- Practice, practice, practice.
- Prepare for distractions.
- Do not be nervous.
- Do not be sad if you did not make it because at least you tried.
- To avoid choking, imagine people in their underwear.
- Brooke Marie Bridges — Claire Sawyer
- Daran Norris — Gordy
- Lindsey Shaw — Moze
- Tylor Chase — Martin Qwerly
- Kendre Berry — Backpack Boy
- Kim Sava — Ms. Dirga
- Rachel Sibner — Lisa Zemo
- Alex Black — Seth Powers
- Carlos Pena — King Bee or Killer Bee#1
- Devon Werkheiser — Ned Bigby
- Daniel Curtis Lee — Cookie
- Christian Serratos — Suzie Crabgrass
- Rob Pinkston — Coconut Head
- Kyle Swann — Billy Loomer
- Teo Olivares — Crony
- Jim J. Bullock — Mr. Monroe
- Dave Florek — Mr. Chopsaw
- Mary Bogue — Nurse Hunsucker
- Steve Bannos — Mr. Gross
- Mat Hoffman — Himself
This is their first appearance of the Killer Bees, they also appeared on Guide to: Notes & Best Friends as their second and last appearance.