Guided Advanced Tactical Rocket – Laser
The Guided Advanced Tactical Rocket (GATR) is a weapons systems under development by Alliant Techsystems and Elbit Systems. It is intended to provide a low-cost guided missile compatible with existing unguided 70mm rocket launch platforms such as the Hydra 70. The penetrating version of the GATR is equipped with a steel-cased M282 warhead and a programmable fuze. It can be set from the cockpit to detonate on impact or after a delay and is capable of penetrating a triple-brick wall and light-vehicle armor.
- Diameter: 70mm
- Guidance: Semi-active laser homing
- Direct Attack Guided Rocket
- Low-Cost Guided Imaging Rocket
- Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System
- Roketsan Cirit
- "Elbit Systems and ATK to Develop Laser Guided Advanced Tactical Rocket System".
- Laser-Guided Rockets Gain Popularity - Aviationweek.com, 8 July 2013
- ATK Receives Award to Provide GATR for Evaluation - ATK press release, April 22, 2013
|This article related to weaponry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|