This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2020)
|Look up guideline in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A guideline is a statement by which to determine a course of action. A guideline aims to streamline particular processes according to a set routine or sound practice. Guidelines may be issued by and used by any organization (governmental or private) to make the actions of its employees or divisions more predictable, and presumably of higher quality. A guideline is similar to a rule.
List of guidelines
Examples of guidelines are:
- Code of practice
- EASE Guidelines for Authors and Translators of Scientific Articles
- Federal Sentencing Guidelines
- Guidelines for Examination in the European Patent Office
- Medical guidelines
- Publicly Available Specification
- Programming style guidelines
- UNGEGN Toponymic Guidelines
- "Guideline". dictionary.cambridge.org. Cambridge English Dictionary. Retrieved 20 April 2019.