Guido Karp (born January 23, 1963) is a German music photographer.
Karp was born in Mayen, Germany and grew up in Koblenz, Germany. He started concert photography early with regional bands, but had his first cover with a school-mate, Thomas Anders, who later came to fame as singer of the top-selling Euro-Band Modern Talking. Karp's photography has been used on many music CD and DVD covers, with top sellers as Robbie Williams "Live at the Albert" (the best selling Music DVD of all times) or Elton John's "Candle in the Wind" (the best selling single record of all times). His most recent work is seen in AC/DC's 2008 release Black Ice. The promotional shots from the session were featured in more than 10000 print publications since Oct 2008.
Before joining the AC/DC European tour in March, Karp toured Germany, Austria and Switzerland with the hugely successful beauty event "Princess for one day".
Karp is married to Nicole Karp since Dec 28, 2004 and owns homes in Hoehr-Grenzhausen, Germany and Los Angeles, CA.
In 2012, Karp becomes one of ten main jurors for Germany's LEA Awards. He remains on the jury board for 2013
Celebrating his 50th birthday in 2013, Karp toured with the exhibition project "Singvoegel" (singing birds) - a retrospective of his 30+ years work as a concert photographer. Since Jan 2014, Karp lectures the "Million Dollar Workshop" through 50 universities in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. 50 days of power-workshops with tips and tricks out of school. So much has never been a photographer of this caliber laid the cards on the table. And with success: the tour is almost sold out in every city.
Guido Karp was nominated as Music Photographer of the Year in 1987, 1988 and 1992, winning in 1988 and 1992 in the categories "Best Concert Photography" (Award Ceremony broadcast live "Diamond Awards Festival in Antwerp, Belgium throughout Europe).
- AC/DC: Black Ice
- Bee Gees: Live in Berlin
- "Dire Straits: On Every Street"
- Elton John: Candle in the wind""
- Garou: Seul... avec vous
- Genesis: Live in Rome""
- Helene Fischer: Live""
- Howard Carpendale: Live in Berlin""
- "Manowar: Gods of War""
- "Münchener Freiheit: XVII""
- Phil Collins: The first final farewell tour""
- Robbie Williams: Live at the Albert""
- "Robbie Williams: Surpreme"
- Rolling Stones: No Security""
- "Roxette: live in Zurich"
- Sting: Soul Cages""
- Thomas Anders: This Time""
- Take That: The Ultimate Tour""
- "Take That: Beautiful World Live"
- Tina Turner: All the best""
- Guido Karp: Volume IV (2004), limited to 500 copies
- Guido Karp: Music for your eyes (2006), ISBN 978-3-8238-1416-0
- Guido Karp: The Nudes - Photography with a Cyber-shot Mobile by Guido Karp (2007), ISBN 3-89602-783-2
- Guido Karp: Singvögel (2009), ISBN TBA