Guilford Township, Hendricks County, Indiana
Location in Hendricks County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.93 sq mi (93.06 km2)|
|• Land||35.8 sq mi (92.72 km2)|
|• Water||0.13 sq mi (0.34 km2) 0.37%|
|Elevation||725 ft (221 m)|
|• Density||777.8/sq mi (300.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453358|
Guilford Township covers an area of 35.93 square miles (93.1 km2); of this, 0.13 square miles (0.34 km2) or 0.37 percent is water. The streams of Black Creek, Clarks Creek, Guilford Branch, Hendricks Creek, Leg Creek, Middle Creek, Moore Creek, Penns Run, Rail Run, Rock Creek, Rogers Creek and West Fork Hendricks Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Plainfield (vast majority)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Washington Township (north)
- Wayne Township, Marion County (northeast)
- Decatur Township, Marion County (east)
- Madison Township, Morgan County (southeast)
- Brown Township, Morgan County (south)
- Monroe Township, Morgan County (southwest)
- Liberty Township (west)
The township contains seven cemeteries: Fairfield Friends, Indiana Boys School, Lick Branch, Maple Hill, Ramsey, Sugar Grove and White Lick Friends.
- "Guilford Township, Hendricks County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.