Pan Am Systems
manufacturing and energy
transportation related brands
|Founded||1977 (as Guilford Transportation Industries)|
|Headquarters||Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America|
|Subsidiaries||Pan Am Railways
Pan Am Southern (50%)
Pan Am Services
Pan Am Brands
Perma Treat Corp.
Aroostook & Bangor Resources
Pan Am Systems (formerly Guilford Transportation Industries) is a privately held Portsmouth, New Hampshire-based  U.S. corporation composed of rail transport, manufacturing and energy, transportation related brands, and real estate divisions. It formerly held a now-defunct airline division.
Guilford Transportation Industries (GTI) was formed in 1977. GTI entered the railroad business in 1981 with its purchase of the Maine Central Railroad from U.S. Filter Corporation. This was followed by its 1983 purchase of the Boston & Maine Railroad, and in 1984 it purchased the Delaware & Hudson Railway (D&H). In 1988, GTI declared D&H bankrupt. D&H employees took it over, with the New York, Susquehanna & Western Railway managing it. The employees then sold out in 1991 to the Canadian Pacific Railway.
GTI purchased the name, colors, and logo of Pan American World Airways in 1998. In March 2006, GTI changed its name to Pan Am Systems.
- Pan American Airways (1998-2004), a United States airline that operated scheduled services in the eastern USA under the purchased "Pan American Airways" brand, as well as charters for tour operators and services to the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. Operations ceased on November 1, 2004, and were transferred to then Guilford Transportation subsidiary Boston-Maine Airways, which resumed service as the Pan Am Clipper Connection brand.
- Boston-Maine Airways/Pan Am Clipper Connection, the formerly certified airline, which operated charter and scheduled passenger airline services between the northeastern United States and Florida and the Caribbean under the Pan Am Clipper Connection brand. In February 2008 the U.S. Department of Transportation proposed the revocation of Boston-Maine's air carrier certification, as it "is not financially fit and does not possess the managerial competence to conduct any air transportation operations and has failed to comply with the regulations governing its operations."  Services ended February 29, 2008.
- Pan Am Services, originally an aircraft service and support center, now a dealer of aircraft spare parts.
- Pan American World Airways (2016-present) A Private Jet Service in America. The Airlines is operating private charters across the country.
Manufacturing and energy
- Perma Treat Corporation, manufacturer of railroad ties and other pressure-treated wood products.
- Aroostook & Bangor Resources, Inc., recycles used railroad ties to generate electricity.
- Facilities in Mattawamkeag, Maine.
- Pan Am Railways (formerly Guilford Rail System), a regional freight railroad network that covers most of northern New England. Subsidiaries that make up the Pan Am Railways network:
- Guilford Motor Express, providing intermodal loading/unloading/warehousing services.
- Pan Am Brands, distributor of consumer goods bearing the Pan Am logo.
- Pan Am Systems, Inc. - Company profile from Hoover's
- Pan Am company newsletter, January 2006
- Haberman, Shir. "DOT ready to pull Boston-Maine's license to fly".
- "Welcome to Pan Am Services!".
- "D'Amore-McKim School of Business - Northeastern University".
- "Guilford Xpress, Vol. 15, Issue 7".
- "Home page".
- "Licensing". Pan Am. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- Schneider, Michael (September 20, 2010). "Pilot flies Pan Am". Variety. Retrieved May 16, 2011.