Guillaume Faye (2015)
7 November 1949 |
|Occupation||Author, politician, journalist|
With a PhD from Science-Po, Guillaume Faye was one of the major theorists of the French New Right (Nouvelle Droite) in the 1970–80s. A former member of Alain de Benoist's New Right organisation GRECE, he took part in the splitting of the organization in 1986 alongside Yann-Ber Tillenon, Tristan Mordrelle, and Goulven Pennaod. At that time he was close to nationalist neo-Pagans. Simultaneously, he made his way up as a journalist, namely in Figaro Magazine, Paris-Match, VSD, etc. Guillaume Faye also led a journal called J'ai Tout Compris! (I Understood Everything!) which closed down soon after.
In 1987, Guillaume Faye withdrew from politics. In the year 1990 he took part in Skyrock radio station as 'Skyman'. He also appeared in Telematin episodes on the France 2 TV channel from 1991 to 1993. In 1998, he finally returned to politics after publishing some essays on various subjects such as culture and religion. Several of these essays were collected into his major work, Archeofuturism, which was published in English translation in 2010. This book lays out his fundamental ideas, including his opposition to immigration, his dismissal of contemporary European politics, his call for a pan-European government, and his concept of archeofuturism, which involves combining traditionalist spirituality and concepts of sovereignty with the latest advances in science and technology.
In 2000, Faye relaunched J'ai Tout Compris! as a monthly edition where he expresses his ideas: Faye predicts an abolition of European societies due to massive immigration, and a total war between the West and the Islamic world, endorsing the "clash of civilization" theory.
He takes part in the Rivarol journal and regularly collaborates with Pierre Vial's Terre et Peuple neo-Pagan group. He also participates in conferences abroad, such as with the US nationalist group American Renaissance on 3 March 2006.
In 2007, he published La Nouvelle question juive (The New Jewish question) in which he strongly criticized Holocaust deniers and many Third Positionists and anti-Zionists (such as Alain Soral or Christian Bouchet) whom he accuses of sympathy for Islamism. As a response, he was accused of being a "national-Zionist".
Several of Faye's books have been translated into English and published by Arktos. These include Archeofuturism – European visions of the post-catastrophic age (2010), Why we Fight – manifesto of the European resistance (2011) and Convergence of Catastrophes (2012).
- Le Système à tuer les peuples, Copernic 1981.
- Contre l'économisme, Le Labyrinthe, 1983.
- Sexe et Idéologie, Le Labyrinthe, 1983.
- La Nouvelle société de consommation, Le Labyrinthe, 1984.
- L'Occident comme déclin, Le Labyrinthe, 1984.
- Avant-guerre, Carrère, 1985.
- Nouveaux discours à la Nation Européenne, Albatros, 1985.
- Europe et modernité, Eurograf, 1985.
- Petit lexique du partisan européen (collaborator), Eurograf, 1985.
- Les Nouveaux enjeux idéologiques, Le Labyrinthe, 1985.
- La Soft-idéologie (collaborator as Pierre Barbès), Robert Laffont, 1987.
- Le Guide de l'engueulade, Presses de la Cité, 1992.
- Viol, pillage, esclavagisme, Christophe Colomb, cet incompris : essai historico-hystérique, Grancher, 1992.
- Le Manuel du séducteur pressé, Presses de la Cité, 1993.
- L'Archéofuturisme, L'Aencre, 1999. English translation: Archeofuturism, Arktos, 2010.
- La Colonisation de l’Europe: discours vrai sur l’immigration et l’Islam, L’Æncre, 2000. English translation: The Colonisation of Europe, Arktos, 2016.
- Les Extra-terrestres de A à Z, Dualpha, 2000.
- Pourquoi nous combattons: manifeste de la résistance européenne, L’Æncre, 2001. English translation: Why We Fight: Manifesto of the European Resistance, Arktos, 2011.
- Chirac contre les fachos, GFA, 2002.
- Avant-guerre, L’Aencre, 2002.
- Le coup dEtat mondial: Essai sur le Nouvel Impérialisme Américain., L’Æncre, 2004. English translation: A Global Coup, Arktos, 2017.
- La congergence des catastrophes., L’Æncre, 2004. English translation: Convergence of Catastrophes, Arktos, 2012.
- La Nouvelle Question juive, Le Lorre, 2007.
- Sexe et Dévoiement, Les éditions du Lore, 2011. English translation: Sex and Deviance, Arktos, 2014.
- L'Archéofuturisme V2.0 : nouvelles cataclysmiques, Le Lorre, 2012. Engloshtranslation: Archaeofuturism 2.0, Arktos, 2016.
- Mon programme: Un programme révolutionnaire ne vise pas à changer les règles du jeu mais à changer de jeu , Les Éditions du Lore, 2012.
- Comprendre l'islam, Tatamis, 2015. English translation: Understanding Islam, Arktos, 2016.
- Michael O'Meara, "Foreword to Guillaume Faye's Archeofuturism", Counter-Currents Publishing, 10 September 2010.
- Jean-Yves Camus, La Nouvelle droite : bilan provisoire d’une école de pensée, La Pensée, March 2005.