Guillame Konsbruck was born on 3 September, 1909. He studied at the cavalry branch of the Saint-Cyr Military Academy from 1931 to 1933, subsequently joining the Luxembourg Army. By 1940 he held the rank of captain.
Konsbruck fled Europe following the Invasion of Luxembourg and served as aide de camp to Grand Duchess Charlotte during her exile in World War II. As a major he returned to Luxembourg late in the afternoon of 12 September, 1944. Representing Prime Minister Pierre Dupong, he inspected the Grand Ducal Palace and several government buildings before taking part in conferences with Allied leaders in the country. He welcomed the Grand Duchess at the border upon her return to the country on 17 April, 1945.
After the war Konsbruck became involved in creating an official orthography for the Luxembourgish language. On 29 August, 1946 Konsbruck was appointed via Grand Ducal Decree to be Minister of Supply and Economic Affairs. He was made a Commander of the Order of the Oak Crown and Grand Officer of the House of Orange in 1951.
- Partridge 2000, p. 191.
- Waller 2012, p. 16.
- Coles, Harry L.; Weinberg, Albert K. (2014). United States Army in World War II Special Studies. Washington, D.C.: United States Government Printing Office. pp. 811, 819.
- Bulletin D'Information 1946, p. 1.
- Ordre de la Couronne de chêne Awards 1951 Memorial A N° 13 of 1951
- Bulletin D'Information 1951, p. 132.
- Michael Partridge, ed. (2000). British Documents on Foreign Affairs--reports and Papers from the Foreign Office Confidential Print: Central Europe, January 1946-June 1946. University Publications of America. ISBN 9781556557699.
- "Distinctions honorifiques conférées à l'occasion de la visite officitlle à Luxembourg de Sa Majesté la Reine et de Son Altesse Royale le Prince des Pays-Bas" (PDF). Grand Duché de Luxembourg Ministére D'État Bulletin D'Information (in French). 7 (6). Luxembourg: Service information et presse. 30 June 1951.
- "Mémorial (mois d'août)". Grand Duché de Luxembourg Ministére D'État Bulletin D'Information (in French). 2 (8). Luxembourg: Service information et presse. 31 August 1946.
- Waller, George Platt (2012). Fletcher, Willard Allen; Fletcher, Jean Tucker (eds.). Defiant Diplomat George Platt Waller: American Consul in Nazi-occupied Luxembourg, 1939-1941 (reprint ed.). Lexington Books. ISBN 9781611493986.
|This article about a Luxembourgish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|