Guilt (The Long Blondes song)
|Single by The Long Blondes|
|from the album "Couples"|
|Released||30 June 2008|
|Format||7", digital download|
|Recorded||August 2007–December 2007|
|The Long Blondes singles chronology|
The video for Guilt is set in a dog show. The band agreed to their suggestion to set the video in a dog show after receiving numerous literal interpretations of the lyrics. It was accompanied by one b-side called "Melville Farr" which is based on Dirk Bogarde's character in the 1961 British film Victim.
"Guilt" was well received by critics and fans alike, with some critics calling it their most accomplished effort to date. The single reached number 24 in the UK Indie Chart. The song did really well considering the lack of promotion, airplay and Dorian Cox being ill at the time of release.
"Good as Gold" is the only song by The Long Blondes not to be sung by Kate Jackson. It is sung by bassist Reenie Hollis.
All lyrics written by Dorian Cox, music by The Long Blondes.
- Side A "Guilt (Dan Carey Mix)"
- Side B "Melville Farr"
- "Guilt (Dan Carey Mix)"
- "Melville Farr"
- "Good as Gold"
- "Too Happy"
- "The Long Blondes' Guilt by Abby Warrilow & Lewis Gourlay | Promo News". Promonews.tv. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "The Long Blondes Guilt UK 7" RECORD (437983)". Eil.com. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Long Blondes Feel "Guilt" - 21 Apr 2008 | Clash Music Latest Breaking Music News". Clashmusic.com. 2008-04-21. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Radio 1 - Chart Show - Indie Singles". BBC. 2007-02-24. Retrieved 2012-05-07.