Guilt Trip (song)
|Song by Kanye West|
|from the album Yeezus|
"Guilt Trip" is a song by American hip hop recording artist Kanye West, which lies on his sixth solo studio album Yeezus (2013). It was produced by West, Mike Dean, S1, Travis Scott and Ackeejuice Rockers. The track features vocals from Kid Cudi in the outro.
In February 2014, Cudi revealed negative feelings about his feature being released as part of the album, due to the vocals being a few years old. Within October of the same year, it was revealed that the track was originally intended to be released on West's collaboration album Watch the Throne (2011) with Jay-Z and a version exists with both of them rapping over the beat.
The melody at the end of the song was described by Lou Reed of The Guardian as: 'so beautiful, it makes me so emotional, it brings tears to my eyes'. When comparing the track to "Blood on the Leaves", Popdust described it as being: 'even closer to the "Say You Will" or "See You in My Nightmares" feel of his 808s & Heartbreak LP'.
|US Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles (Billboard)||2|
- "Kanye West – Yeezus (Track List & Production Credits)". HipHop-N-More. Retrieved July 13, 2018.
- "Here Are All of the Samples Used for Kanye West's 'Yeezus'". Highsnobiety. Retrieved July 13, 2018.
- "Kid Cudi Is Annoyed With His Yeezus Feature". Pitchfork. Retrieved July 13, 2018.
- "Kanye West's "Guilt Trip" Was Originally For "Watch The Throne" And Featured Jay Z". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved July 19, 2018.
- "Lou Reed on Kanye West's Yeezus: 'It brings tears to my eyes'". The Guardian. Retrieved July 19, 2018.
- "Kanye West's "Yeezus" Reviewed: "Guilt Trip"". Popdust. Retrieved July 19, 2018.
- "Best Kid Cudi And Kanye West Collaborations". Complex. Retrieved July 19, 2018.
- "Concert review: Kanye West startles, appalls during 'Yeezus' show at Barclays". New York Daily News. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- "Kanye West Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved July 13, 2018.
- "Chart Search". Billboard. Retrieved July 13, 2018.