Guilty (2020 film)
|Directed by||Ruchi Narain|
|Produced by||Karan Johar|
|Written by||Kanika Dhillon|
|Music by||Ankur Tewari|
|Edited by||Bodhaditya Banerjee|
Guilty is a 2020 Indian Hindi-language drama film directed by Ruchi Narain and written by Ruchi Narain, Kanika Dhillon and Atika Chohan. Starring Kiara Advani and several others, the film follows the story of a songwriter whose boyfriend is accused of rape during the era of #MeToo. The film is the first production venture of Dharmatic, the digital arm of Karan Johar's Dharma Productions. It was released on 6 March 2020 on Netflix.
Nanki Dutta (Kiara Advani) finds herself in a dilemma when Tanu Kumar (Akansha Ranjan Kapoor), a new student in her university, joins in the #MeToo movement accusing Vijay “VJ” Pratap Singh (Gurfateh Singh Pirzada), Nanki's boyfriend, of having raped her on the night of Valentine's 2018. The rest of the story traces Nanki's effort to find out what actually happened that fateful night, with the help of Danish Ali Baig (Taher Shabbir), the lawyer investigating on VJ's defense.
- Kiara Advani as Nanki Dutta
- Akansha Ranjan as Tanu Kumar
- Gurfateh Singh Pirzada as Vijay “VJ” Pratap Singh
- Taher Shabbir as Danish Ali Baig
- Tenzin Dalha as Tashi
- Dalip Tahil as Lawyer Mirchandani
- Kunal Vijaykar as Dr. Roy
- Niki Aneja Walia as Sushma Singh
- Manu Rishi as Pratap Singh, Vijay's father
- Fahad Ali as Rahul Jha
- Rohan Arora as Kerbie
- Janya Joshi as 13 yrs Nanki
- Sahil Mehta as Arnab Mitra
- Ashish Khanna as Hardy
- Gehna Seth as Professor
- Deepanshu Kumar as Deepak
The principal photography of the film began in Delhi on June, 2019.
The official trailer of the film was released on 18 February, 2020.
- "Guilty trailer: Kiara Advani plays a feisty musician in Netflix film, fans say 'Preeti has turned into Kabir Singh'". Hindustan Times. 18 February 2020. Retrieved 19 February 2020.
- "Guilty first look poster of Kiara Advani out: Karan Johar asks, aap convince ho gaye ya aur bataun?". India Today. 17 February 2020. Retrieved 19 February 2020.
- Arora, Akhil (19 February 2020). "Netflix Guilty Trailer Sets March 6 Release Date for Kiara Advani, Karan Johar Film". NDTV. Retrieved 19 February 2020.
- "'Guilty' trailer: A rape accusation and many truths in Kiara Advani-starrer". Scroll.in. 18 February 2020. Retrieved 19 February 2020.
- "Guilty movie review: Netflix and Dharmatic present a flawed but important take on the #MeToo movement- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 2020-03-07. Retrieved 2020-03-20.
- https://nettv4u.com/celebrity/hindi/model/deepanshu-titoriya. Missing or empty
- "Kiara Advani to start shooting for Guilty in Delhi this month". Filmfare. 26 June 2019. Retrieved 7 March 2020.
- "'Guilty' trailer: Kiara Advani's Netflix Original explores themes of sexual consent and victim-blaming". The Hindu. 18 February 2020. Retrieved 19 February 2020.