Guilty Party (video game)
Guilty Party North American cover art
|Publisher(s)||Disney Interactive Studios (currently Walt Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products)|
Guilty Party (also known as Disney's Guilty Party) is a party puzzle video game for Wii, developed by Wideload Games and published by Disney Interactive Studios. The goal of the game is to discover the identity of the culprit in a whodunit-style mystery. Gameplay proceeds in turns where the player moves through the board game-like setting, searching for clues.
In the game Guilty Party, the player assumes the role of a member of the Dickens Detective Agency, led by the Commodore. The Commodore plans to retire, and give the family business to someone once he's gone, but there is more to do than figure out the successor to the family business. The Commodore's nemesis, a master criminal named Mr. Valentine, knows that he is retiring. Valentine launches their ultimate crime spree, and it's up to the Dickens Detective Agency to stop him. Mr. Valentine kidnaps The Commodore's wife & the story goes through several levels, where the detectives must look for clues and the testimony of the suspects to find the Guilty Party and finally to unmask Valentine.
Justin Cheng of Nintendo Power found the motion-controlled minigames "simple yet entertaining (though repetitive)" but was caught off guard by the game's comedic writing, saying that he was "pleasantly surprised to discover that Guilty Party had some genuinely funny moments."
- "IGN: Guilty Party". IGN. Retrieved 2010-06-08.
- "Disney Guilty Party First Impression - Wii News at GameSpot". Gamespot.com. February 24, 2010. Retrieved June 15, 2010.
- Nelson, Randy (February 25, 2010). "Hands-on: Disney Guilty Party". Joystiq. Retrieved June 15, 2010.
- Jack DeVries (February 24, 2010). "Disney's Guilty Party Hands-on - Wii Preview at IGN". Wii.ign.com. Retrieved June 15, 2010.
- "Disney Guilty Party for Wii Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved October 9, 2017.
- Chester, Nick (August 30, 2010). "Review: Guilty Party". Destructoid. Modern Method. Retrieved October 9, 2017.
- Kaplan, Zach (November 10, 2010). "Review: Disney Guilty Party (Wii)". Nintendo Life. Gamer Network. Retrieved October 9, 2017.
- Cheng, Justin (October 2010). "Guilty Party". Nintendo Power. 259: 89.