Map of Maguindanao showing the location of Guindulungan
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|• Mayor||Datu Midpantao M. Midtimbang|
|• Total||130.68 km2 (50.46 sq mi)|
|• Density||120/km2 (320/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Population census of
|Source: National Statistics Office|
It was created under Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 139 on March 31, 2003. It was carved out of the municipality of Talayan.
The first appointed mayor during its creation as a new municipality was Hadji Datu Antao Midtimbang, Sr., a well known religious leader who also served as mayor of Talayan and as vice governor of Maguindanao Province. The municipality is inhabited by 99% Maguindanaons.
Guindulungan is politically subdivided into 11 barangays.
- Tambunan II
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- MMA Act No. 139 : An Act Creating the Municipality of Guindulungan in the Province of Maguindanao
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System