From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Guinea or guinea in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Guinea is a country in West Africa.
Guinea may also refer to:
- Guinea (coin), a former British coin and currency unit.
- Egyptian pound (Egyptian Arabic: جنيه مصري Genēh Maṣri [ɡeˈneː(h) ˈmɑsˤɾi]. The Arabic word "genēh" is pronounced like and derived from the English word "guinea."
- Equatorial Guinea, a country in Central Africa, formerly the colony of Spanish Guinea
- Guinea-Bissau, a country in West Africa, formerly the colony of Portuguese Guinea
- Guinea, a country in West Africa, sometimes referred to as Guinea-Conakry for disambiguation
- Papua New Guinea, a country in Oceania, occupying the eastern half of the island of New Guinea and adjacent islands
Former European colonies
- British Guinea, or British New Guinea, another name for the Territory of Papua, a former colony in what is now Papua New Guinea
- Danish Guinea, another name for Danish Gold Coast, a former colony in what is now Ghana, West Africa
- Dutch Guinea, or Dutch New Guinea, another name for Netherlands New Guinea, a former colony in what is now Indonesian Papua
- French Guinea, a former colony in West Africa, what is now Guinea
- German Guinea, another name for the former colonies of Kamerun and Togoland in West Africa
- German Guinea, or German New Guinea, a former colony in what is now Papua New Guinea
- Portuguese Guinea, a former colony in West Africa, what is now Guinea-Bissau
- Spanish Guinea, a former colony in West Africa, what is now Equatorial Guinea
- Swedish Guinea, another name for Swedish Gold Coast, a former colony in what is now Ghana, West Africa
- Guinea (region), a region in West Africa
- Guinea, Nova Scotia a community in Nova Scotia, Canada
- Gulf of Guinea, a gulf of the Atlantic Ocean off West African coast, south of Nigeria and west of Cameroon
- Guinea, a region of Gloucester County, Virginia, United States
- Guinea, Virginia, an unincorporated community in Caroline County, Virginia
- New Guinea (Papua Island), a large island north of Australia in the southwestern Pacific
- Emilio Guinea (1907–1985), Spanish botanist
- Guinea (wasp), a wasp genus in the subfamily Pteromalinae
- Guinea baboon, Papio papio, a species of baboon
- Guinea pig, a genus of rodents
- Guinea worm, parasitic worm native to parts of Africa
- Guineafowl, four genera of chicken-like birds in the family Numididae
- "Guinea", an English language offensive term for someone of Italian descent
- "Guineas", an antiquated term (now considered pejorative) for a bi- or tri-racial clan in northern West Virginia, the Chestnut Ridge people
- "Impatiens hawkeri" (New Guinea impatiens) is a species of flowering plant in the family Balsaminaceae. It is native to Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands.
- Guinia (disambiguation)
- Akal n-Iguinawen, for the possible origin of the name Guinea
- Areas in South America with similar spellings:
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Guinea.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.