Guipos, Zamboanga del Sur
Location in Zamboanga del Sur
|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|Province||Zamboanga del Sur|
|District||2nd district of Zamboanga del Sur|
|Founded||October 17, 1991|
|• Mayor||Sheila Marie V. Ebua|
|• Total||90.53 km2 (34.95 sq mi)|
|• Density||230/km2 (590/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||4th class|
The town was officially established on October 7, 1991, by virtue of Republic Act No. 7159, signed by President Corazon C. Aquino. It was formed from barangays Guipos, Katipunan, Bagong Oroquieta, and Dalapang of the Municipality of San Miguel; barangays Datagan, Dagohoy, Balongating, Baguitan, Magting, Sikatuna, Dacsol, Guling, and Canunan of the Municipality of Dumalinao; barangays Lintum, Singclot and Litan of the Municipality of Dinas; and barangay Regla of the Municipality of San Pablo.
- Bagong Oroquieta
- Poblacion (Guipos)
|Population census of
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 12 May 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Province: ZAMBOANGA DEL SUR". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "Republic Act No. 7159; An Act Creating the Municipality of Guipos in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. 7 October 1991. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Republic Act No. 7159: An Act Creating the Municipality of Guipos in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur". The Lawphil Project. Arellano Law Foundation, Inc. October 7, 1991. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
|San Miguel||Dinas||San Pablo|
|This article about a location in Zamboanga Peninsula region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|