Guipos is a fourth class municipality in the province of Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 20,729 people.
The town was officially established on October 7, 1991, by virtue of Republic Act No. 7159, signed by President Corazon C. Aquino. It was formed from barangays Guipos, Katipunan, Bagong Oroquieta, and Dalapang of the Municipality of San Miguel; barangays Datagan, Dagohoy, Balongating, Baguitan, Magting, Sikatuna, Dacsol, Guling, and Canunan of the Municipality of Dumalinao; barangays Lintum, Singclot and Litan of the Municipality of Dinas; and barangay Regla of the Municipality of San Pablo.
Guipos is politically subdivided into 17 barangays.
- Bagong Oroquieta
- Poblacion (Guipos)
- ^ "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 12 May 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- ^ a b "Province: ZAMBOANGA DEL SUR". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- ^ a b c Census of Population (2015). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- ^ "Republic Act No. 7159; An Act Creating the Municipality of Guipos in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. 7 October 1991. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- ^ "Republic Act No. 7159: An Act Creating the Municipality of Guipos in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur". The Lawphil Project. Arellano Law Foundation, Inc. October 7, 1991. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- ^ Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- ^ Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- ^ "Province of Zamboanga del Sur". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.