Gujarat Cricket Association
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Affiliation||Board of Control for Cricket in India|
|Headquarters||Sardar Patel Stadium,|
|Location||Motera, Ahmedabad, India|
|President||Amit Shah [ resigned in June 2019 ]|
|Other key staff||n/a|
Gujarat Cricket Association is the governing body of the Cricket activities in the Gujarat state of India and the Gujarat cricket team. It is affiliated to the Board of Control for Cricket in India. Its current chairman is president of Bharatiya Janata Party Amit Shah.
As a member of BCCI, it has the authority to select players, umpires and officials to participate in state events and exercises total control over them in Gujarat. Without its recognition, no competitive cricket involving GCA-contracted players can be hosted within the State of Gujarat and India.
Ranji Trophy Gujarat's first appearance in the Ranji Trophy finals came in the season 1950/51. Holkar won the high-scoring match by 189 runs, the match featured a double century by Holkar's Chandu Sarwate and a fighting 152 by Gujarati off-spinner Jasu Patel (who averaged 12.78 in 87 innings). Their second appearance came after 66 years in season 2016/17. Captain Parthiv Patel scored 90 and 143 and lead the team to win the finals by 5 wickets.
- Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad
- CB Patel International Cricket Stadium, Surat
- Bilakhiya Stadium, Vapi
- Lalabhai Contractor Stadium, Surat
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Stadium, Valsad
- Amit Shah elected Gujarat Cricket Association president
- Scoreboard of 1950/51 final match of Ranji Trophy, Holkar vs Gujarat
- "2016/17 Ranji Finals". Espncricinfo. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- "Vijay Hazare 2015/16". Retrieved 23 January 2017.