|Service type||Superfast Express|
|Current operator(s)||Western Railways|
|Stops||14 as 12901 Gujarat Mail, 13 as 12902 Gujarat Mail|
|Distance travelled||491 km (305 mi)|
|Average journey time||8 hours 35 minutes|
|Train number(s)||12901 / 12902|
|Class(es)||AC 1st Class, AC 2 tier, AC 3 tier, Sleeper, General Unreserved|
|Catering facilities||No Pantry Car|
|Observation facilities||2 rakes, No Rake Sharing|
|Rolling stock||Standard Indian Railways coaches|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||110 km/h (68 mph) maximum
57.76 km/h (36 mph), excluding halts
The 12901/12902 Mumbai Central Ahmedabad Gujarat Mail is a super fast express train belonging to Indian Railways that runs between Mumbai Central and Ahmedabad in India. It is a daily service. It operates as train number 12901 from Mumbai Central to Ahmedabad and as train number 12902 in the reverse direction.
The Gujarat Mail has 1 AC 1st Class, 3 AC 2 tier, 8 AC 3 tier, 8 Sleeper class, 4 General class coaches. As with most train services in India, Coach Composition may be amended at the discretion of Indian Railways depending on demand.
It is a daily train & covers the distance of 491 kilometres in 8 hours 35 mins as 12901 Gujarat Mail (57.20 km/hr) & 8 hours 25 mins as 12902 Gujarat Mail (58.34 km/hr).
Dual traction WCAM 2/2P locos would haul the train between Mumbai Central & Ahmedabad. Western Railways completed DC Electric Conversion to AC on 5 February 2012. It is now regularly hauled by a Vadodara based WAP 4 or WAP 5 locomotive.
- It is one of the most prestigious trains on the Western Railways network.
- The Gujarat Mail is a daily service which was originally numbered 1DN/ 2UP.
- Earlier, it would carry a mail coach from which it likely derived its name. This mail coach has now been transferred to the 19143/44 Lok Shakti Express.
- It is an extremely popular train with the Angadia community & is known as the Angadia Express within its circles.
- It has got maximum no of AC Coaches (12) in non rajdhani and non shatabdi class super fast trains in India.
12901 Gujarat Mail at Mumbai Central