Gujarat Technological University
|Motto||To expand the knowledge.|
|Chancellor||O. P. Kohli|
Gujarat Technological University (International Innovative University), commonly referred as GTU, is a state university affiliating many engineering, pharmacy, and management colleges in Gujarat state, India. The university is headed by the state government and came into existence on 16 May 2007. Engineering institutes such as G. H. Patel College of Engineering and Technology, Birla Vishwakarma Mahavidyalaya and Lalbhai Dalpatbhai College of Engineering and Vishwakarma Government Engineering College are part of GTU.
Earlier, Gujarat University was the prime university of Gujarat state heading all colleges including technical colleges. To ensure more efficient, and systematic imparting of technical education, the state government formulated GTU. GTU declares results all around from February to April for winter exams and all around from June to August of summer exams.
Gujarat Technological University was established in 2007 by the Government of Gujarat via Gujarat Act No. 20 of 2007. GTU is a State University with 486 affiliated colleges in its fold operating across the state of Gujarat through its five zones at Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Rajkot and Surat. The University caters to the fields of Engineering, Architecture, Management, Pharmacy and Computer Science. The University has about 4,00,000 students enrolled in a large number of Diploma, Under Graduate, Post Graduate programs along with the robust Doctoral program.
GTU affiliates the colleges for the Diploma, Degree and Master of engineering courses comprising to Ph.D [Doctoral Programs] and Pharmacy courses for Bachelors and Masters, Management courses and MCA.
Notable affiliated Engineering colleges include:
- A. D. Patel Institute of Technology
- Babaria Institute of Technology
- Birla Vishwakarma Mahavidyalaya
- C. K. Pithawala College of Engineering and Technology
- Dr. Jivraj Mehta Institute of Technology, Anand
- G. H. Patel College of Engineering and Technology
- G. K. Bharad Institute of Engineering
- Government Engineering College, Bhavnagar
- Government Engineering College, Dahod
- Government Engineering College, Gandhinagar
- Government Engineering College, Patan
- L. J. Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Lalbhai Dalpatbhai College of Engineering
- Lukhdhirji Engineering College
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Technology
- Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology
- Shantilal Shah Engineering College
- Silver Oak College of Engineering and Technology
- Vishwakarma Government Engineering College
GTU Innovation Council
GTU established 'GTU Innovation Council' at ACPC Building, LD Campus in the year 2013. GTU Innovation Council, also known as GIC, is headed by Hiranmay Mahanta. The aim of GTU Innovation council is to facilitate student startups by providing necessary facilities, organizing workshops, helping student to find relevant mentors and other activities weekly. GIC also conducts workshops on Training the professors, Flash Ventures, Social Entrepreneurship Bootcamp, Design Thinking and Ideation workshops. GIC established a separate wing of IP Clinic, which helps students to easily patent their innovative ideas and projects. GIC also looks after GTU's UDP program, which authenticates Final year student projects, on quality and genuineness perspectives.
GTU Innovation Council took the momentum when they launched Crowdfunding Initiator program in association with Start51, an indigenous crowd-funding platform in India. Crowdfunding Initiator (CFI) is aimed to help student startups with necessary guidance and funding. About 70 student startups from around Gujarat enrolled, out of which only few projects where selected for the one-month-long bootcamp. This bootcamp which was organized from 16 June 2014 to 12 July 2014, was divided into four part: Ideation, Incentive Model, Pitch Presentation and Funding. By the end of bootcamp, Crowdfunding Initiator successfully took 8 projects live on a dedicated crowdfunding portal for funding.
- About GTU
- "GTU Discussion Forum".
- "GTU Result".
- "Gujarat Technological University". gtu.ac.in. Archived from the original on 21 April 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "Gujarat Technological University Colleges List" (PDF). gtu.ac.in. Retrieved 8 July 2008.
- "CFI Official website".
- Times of India - GTU to train young innovators in crowdfunding
- - GTU Circular
- DNA India - Aspiring entrepreneurs ready for crowdfunding their business ideas