Gujjubhai the Great
|Gujjubhai The Great|
|Directed by||Ishaan Randeria|
|Produced by||Devendra N. Patel |
in association with Siddharth Randeria Productions
|Written by||Ishaan Randeria|
Dharmesh Vyas 
|Music by||Parth Bharat Thakkar|
|Edited by||Tushar Parekh|
|Distributed by||PVR Pictures|
|Box office||₹ 15 crore|
Gujjubhai The Great (Gujarati: ગુજ્જુભાઈ ધ ગ્રેટ) is a 2015 Gujarati comedy film directed by Ishaan Randeria. It is presented by Nakshatra Entertainment and produced by Devendra N. Patel in association with Siddharth Randeria Productions. The film is a comedy drama based on the super-hit franchise of Gujjubhai stage-plays. The film stars Siddharth Randeria, Jimit Trivedi, Swati Shah, Dipna Patel, Alekh Sangal, Sunil Vishrani, Khatera Hakimi and Dharmesh Vyas. The film released on 18 September.
- Siddharth Randeria as Hasmukh Gandhi
- Swati Shah as Pramila Gandhi
- Dipna Patel as Tanisha Gandhi
- Jimit Trivedi as Bakul Buch
- Alekh Sangal as Montu
- Falguni Rajani as Laila
- Sunil Vishrani as Inspector Aakash Jhala
- Khatera Hakimi as Soniya Kapoor
- Dharmesh Vyas as Bade Bhai
The film begins with an opening shot of the Gandhi residence before the film rewinds to introduce the characters. Hasmukh Gandhi is a happy go lucky man. But his stress-free life is interrupted when his daughter, Tanisha comes home with her boyfriend, Montu. Month went to Ahmedabad on a challenge that he can get any girl. The Gandhi family fall for Montu's charm, whilst Hasmukh sees him for the trickster he is. Not wanting his daughter to be entrapped, Hasmukh finds the perfect boy for her; Bakul Buch who is Hasmakh's manager He and Tanisha were childhood friends but is very shy. Hasmukh takes it upon himself to transform Bakul into a cool 'gujju'. However no one approves of his choice.
Hasmukh puts in place a series of events that soon start to go terribly out of his control,. Bakul has no choice but to play along, and Montu is onto them at every turn. Meanwhile, the police suspect Hasmukh and Bakul to be wanted terrorists and follow their every move. Hasmukh decides that Bakul needs to make Tanisha jealous so she can love Bakul, so he pretends that Bakul and a famous movie star, Soniyya Kapoor, are together. However a mobster called Badebhai -who is the actress’ real boyfriend- finds out about this relationship, and thinking it's real, visits the Gandhi residence to kill Bakul. However the police seize the house and capture Badebhai, but Baku gets injured and gets taken away in an ambulance. The film ends with Tanisha and the rest of the Gandhi family visiting Bakul in hospital, Montu leaving Ahmedabad, and Badebhai in jail.
The film is based on the Gujarati stage play series, Gujjubhai starring Sidhharth Randeria. Ishaan Randeria, son of lead actor Siddharth, wrote the screenplay and directed the film which went into production for one and half year. Apara Mehta was approached for the role in 2014 but declined due to busy schedule. They shot across Ahmedabad for 40 days including at heritage houses, Sabarmati Riverfront and Kankaria lake.
Gujjubhai The Great features songs sung by Divya Kumar, Parth Oza, Advait Nemlekar, Vibha Saraf, Ketan Singh, Mansheel Gujral, Shikha Jain. Music and Background Score for the film is composed by Parth Bharat Thakkar and additional music is by Advait Nemlekar. The soundtrack was launched on 31 August at Ahmedabad
|Gujjubhai The Great|
|Soundtrack album by |
Parth Bharat Thakkar & Advait Nemlekar
|Released||31 August 2015|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Gujjubhai Jule Che"||Niren Bhatt||Divya Kumar||3:15|
|2.||"Ek Biladi Jadi"||Niren Bhatt||Parth Oza||2:22|
|3.||"Feeling Avnavi"||Niren Bhatt||Advait Nemlekar, Vibha Saraf||4:30|
|4.||"I Dance Baby"||Ishaan Randeria, Jaswant Singh Rathore.||Advait Nemlekar, Ketan Singh, Mansheel Gujral, Shikha Jain||3:18|
The official poster for the film was released on 18 August 2015. The first trailer was released online on 25 August 2015 and was received positively by the audiences. The film released on 18 September in Gujarat, Mumbai, and Pune. Seeing the positive response in the first week, the film was released in Delhi, Gurgaon, Udaipur, Hyderabad, Vijaywada, Indore, Bangalore, Nagpur, and Kolkata.
The film released to positive reviews. Mid Day said, "The film appeals to its target audience because it has everything they expect from Gujjubhai, and in spite of the crazy goings on, there is no overacting and very little slapstick." DeshGujarat said, "Siddharth Randeria's Gujjubhai the great fully entertains with lots of laugh out loud moments throughout the film."
- "Gujjubhai The Great Movie 2015 - Super Comedy Gujarati Film Starring Siddharth Randeria". nri Gujarati.
- "First look of actor Siddharth Randeria's 'Gujjubhai- The Great' released". The City News. 19 August 2015.
- "Gujarati Films to hit a century this year". 22 June 2016.
- "Siddharth Randeria planning a movie on Gujjubhai series". The Times of India. 30 July 2014.
- "'Gujjubhai- The Great' first look released". Chennai Patrika. 18 August 2015.
- "ગુજ્જુભાઈ ધ ગ્રેટ : નાટકની ધમાલ ફિલ્મના પડદા પર". Gujarat Samachar.
- BookMyShow. "Gujjubhai The Great (U)". BookMyShow. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- Shruti JambhekarShruti Jambhekar, TNN (4 August 2014). "Apara Mehta offered an interesting role in Gujjubhai movie". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "It's showtime for Gujjubhai". Ahmedabad Mirror. 17 September 2015. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "GUJJUBHAI THE GREAT". Times Music.
- "'Gujjubhai – The Great' release date confirmed". Biz Asia. 8 September 2015.
- "Trailer of 'Gujjubhai – The Great' has been out". Bolly Vision. 27 August 2015.
- "Details". epaper.navgujaratsamay.com. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- Deepa Gahlot (22 September 2015). "Gujju-Go-Round". Mid Day.
- Rupang Bhatt (18 September 2015). "Siddharth Randeria's Gujjubhai the Great entertains with lots of (LOL) moments". DeshGujarat.