Gul Gulshan Gulfaam
|Gul Gulshan Gulfaam|
|Directed by||Ved Rahi|
|Starring||Parikshit Sahni, Radha Seth and N. K. Phull|
|Theme music composer||Krishan Langoo|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||45|
|Original network||DD National|
Gul Gulshan Gulfaam is a 1991 Doordarshan television serial directed by Ved Rahi and produced by Prem Krishen (Cinevistaas). It was one of the first serials to be based in Kashmir and portray a Kashmiri family: It became an instant hit and ran for 45 episodes. It was re-telecast on Sahara TV in 2002.
Gul Gulshan Gulfaam portrayed a Kashmiri family making a living from their three houseboats: 'Gul' ('flower'), 'Gulshan' ('garden' or 'buckeye'), and 'Gulfam' ('gardener'). Their livelihood is threatened as running houseboats for tourists takes a hit due to terrorism. Outdoor scenes were mostly shot in Srinagar. The series aired on DD National.
Parikshit Sahni, Radha Seth and N. K. Phull played the leads, along with Neena Gupta, Pankaj Berry, Kanwaljit Singh. A young Kunal Khemu, then living in Srinagar, was part of the show, making his debut as an actor.
The music was given by noted Kashmiri composer Krishan Langoo. The music received many awards including the Uptron award for best music for 1990-1991.
- THE LONG RUN: Archived 23 October 2010 at the Wayback Machine Chaya Unnikrishnan, Screen (magazine), 16 Oct 2009.
- Sssshhh... Dulhan Wahi Jo Piya Man Bhaye: Prem Kishan.. The Hindu, 16 Oct 2003.
- Cinevistaas Library of Programmes:Gul Gulshan Gulfaam Cinevistaas.
- Gul Gulshan Gulfam returns Mid Day, 2002-3-20.
- Enter the hero from Kashmir Rediff.com, 5 December 2005