January 3, 1979 |
|Other names||Gul Panag-Attari, Gulkirat Kaur Panag|
|Occupation||Actress, Voice actress, Model, Politician|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Aam Aadmi Party|
|Spouse(s)||Rishi Attari (March 13, 2011-)|
Gul Panag (born Gulkirat Kaur Panag, 3 January 1979 ; Chandigarh, India) is an Indian actress, voice actress, model, and former beauty queen who competed in the Miss Universe pageant. Panag began her career in Bollywood, with the 2003 film Dhoop. Since then, she has worked in films like Jurm and the TV series Kashmeer. Her notable films include Dor, Dhoop, Manorama Six Feet Under, Hello, Straight, and Ab Tak Chhappan 2.
She played a commoner, fighting hard to save her husband from going to the gallows, in the 2006 Nagesh Kukunoor film, Dor. In 2008, she acted in the films Hello and Summer 2007. In 2009, she appeared in the movie Straight. She featured in Rann in a role attempting to stop her boy friend from doing the right thing. Panag appeared on the front page of Maxim with whom she did a photo shoot in September 2008. She debuted in Punjabi movies with Sarsa She was the Aam Aadmi Party candidate from Chandigarh for 2014 Lok Sabha Elections.
Panag started her education in Sangrur, in Punjab. Her father, Lt. Gen. Panag was in the army and the family moved to different places across India and abroad. As a result of this, she studied in 14 different schools including Kendriya Vidyalayas (Chandigarh, Mhow, Leh and Wellington, Tamil Nadu), The Lawrence School, Lovedale and the International School of Lusaka, Zambia. She did her Bachelors in Mathematics from Punjabi University, Patiala, and Masters in Political Science from Panjab University, Chandigarh. As a student, Panag was interested in sports and public speaking. She won numerous state and national level debate competitions, including two gold medals at the Annual National Inter University Debate competition.
Panag was the Twitter Face for the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week held in 2009, to cover the happenings/proceedings on the micro-blogging site.
Gul Panag runs the Colonel Shamsher Singh Foundation, an NGO that works towards a variety of causes including gender equality, education and disaster management. She served on the advisory board of the Wockhardt Foundation. She also participated in the India Against Corruption movement. She ran at the Delhi Half Marathon in November 2010, but endured eve teasing (sexual harassment) from male runners at the event. She later remarked that the attitude of men in Delhi needed to change and that the city was unsafe for women.
|2003||Dhoop||Peehu A. Verma|
|2006||Dor||Zeenat Fatima/Zeenat A. Khan|
|2007||Manorama Six Feet Under||Nimmi|
|2009||Anubhav||Meera Hemant Valecha / Meera A. Malhotra|
|2010||Hello Darling||Mansi Joshi|
|2011||Turning 30||Naina Singh|
|2014||Ab Tak Chhappan 2|
|Kismey Kitnaa Hai Dam||Presenter||Star Plus|
|Musafir Hoon Yaaron||Presenter||Star Plus|
|Vijay Jyoti||Jyoti||Zee TV|
- "About Gul". Gul Panag – Official website. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "'Kashmeer' - Guns and Roses". Indiantelevision. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
- "Gul Panag's sexy makeover!". Rediff. Retrieved 2008-11-04.
- "Gul Panag amazing Maxim photoshoot". Maxim India. September 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-04.
- PANDHER, SARABJIT (14 March 2014). "Gul Panag declared AAP candidate from Chandigarh". The HINDU. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Gul Panag Biography". Yahoo! Movies. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
- Ronjita Kulkarni. "Why Gul Panag doesn't want to be a star overnight". Rediff. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
- "Femina Miss India 1999". Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "Gul: Twitter face for WIFW". Times of India. 2009-10-22. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
- "Gul on advisory board of Wockhardt Foundation". Indian Express. 2010-05-10.
- "Actress Gul Panag joins AAP, to contest polls from Chandigarh". Firstpost. 2014-03-03.
- Sharma, Kalpana (2010-11-27). Unsafe for women?. The Hindu. Retrieved on 2010-11-27.
- "Election results: BJP's Kirron Kher wins from Chandigarh, Naveen Jindal finishes third". The Times of India. May 16, 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-16.
- "Gul Panag opts for Band, Baaja, Bullet". Indian Express. Retrieved 2011-03-14.
- Mid-Day.com (11 March 2011). "Gul Panag To Marry Her Boyfriend". NDTV Movies. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gul Panag.|
|Awards and achievements|
|Femina Miss India