Gulbarga railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
|Location||Station Road, Gulbarga
|Elevation||454.000 metres (1,489.501 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Central Railway|
|Line(s)||Solapur-Guntakal section of Mumbai-Chennai line|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
Gulbarga railway station is located in Gulbarga district in the Indian state of Karnataka and serves Gulbarga. The town is also known as Kalaburagi. It is identified as one of the A1 category Station in 2015.
The railway track in the Daund-Wadi sector is being doubled at a cost of Rs. 700 crore.
Kalaburgi railway station has a computerized reservation counter, public call office with subscribers’ trunk dialing facilities, waiting room, retiring rooms, vegetarian and non-vegetarian refreshment stalls, light refreshment stall, tea stall, book stall, escalators on platforms 1 and 2-3 and 2 general and platform ticket counters opposite railway station entrance for passenger convenience.
Gulbarga railway station is remodeled with the addition of a fourth platform, extension of the existing platforms and installation of two escalators. Addition of a dormitory and the addition of a new railway overbridge are yet to be completed. A new entrance facing the Tarafail area has also been constructed.
- Chronology of railways in India, Part 2 (1870-1899). "IR History: Early Days – II". IFCA. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Sholapur District Gazetteer". Gazetteer department. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Railway bridge across Bennethora to be complete in two years". The Hindu, 24 July 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Bidar-Gulbarga rail service". Infrastructure Today, January 2012. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Doubling of track:Faster rail services by 2016". The New Indian Express, 4 November 2011. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Brief on Railway Electrification". Electrification Work in Progress. Central Organisation for Railway Electrification. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Gulbarga railway station". Make my trip. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Minister Kharge sanctions 17 new rail projects for Gulbarga". The Hindu. 12 July 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gulbarga railway station.|
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|Central Railway zone|